[Archive] AOS Mercenaries system = Greenskins slaves?

Heavygear:

GW announced the Mercenary system coming to AOS on warhammer community.Not many details but they used the example of fielding Fyreslayers in a chaos army officially allowing you to mix grand alliances. It remains to be seen which factions are mercenaries or if any faction will be allowed to cross grand alliances. I am interested to see if I can include greenskins in my army for matched play.

Uther the unhinged:

Please, please give me access to greenskins!!! I am sure if any faction other than fyreslayers would do it for money it would be greenskins!

Skink:

If I can get slave ogres, Hobgoblins, and spear chukkas back in a CD list, than I might consider starting AoS!

Uther the unhinged:

Ooooh yes Skink. I forgot big hat slave ogres.

Heavygear:

From Warhammer Community

The Dominion of Sigmar scenery range will be available soon alongside Forbidden Power �?" the next chapter in the Soul Wars and the latest expansion to Warhammer Age of Sigmar!

We�?Tve looked at this expansion in previous seminars, but we�?Tve got even more to share with you today! First up, we�?Tre excited to unveil the all-new mercenaries system. With Forbidden Power, you�?Tll be able to recruit renowned sell-swords to your cause regardless of Grand Alliance. So, for example, you could have a Chaos army and enlist some of the notoriously ur-gold hungry warriors of the Greyfyrd lodge�?�

Wiegraf:

Ogres and Chaos Dwarves would be great!

Heavygear:

This opens up some seriously cool modeling projects. There are kharadron sky lords who are basically pirates in the fluff. Chaos dwarf airships anyone?

tjub:

This opens up some seriously cool modeling projects. There are kharadron sky lords who are basically pirates in the fluff. Chaos dwarf airships anyone?

Heavygear
Someone converted just that for a GH/Artisan contest. A theme fitting both AoS and Chaos Dwarfs, "Slave raiders from the sky". Sounds like an epic 80s movie. :D

Jasko:

But you all have seen the newly announced terrain, right? I think this can be converted to Chaos Dwarf terrain with relative ease…

Uther the unhinged:

Oh dear. My pocket aches just looking at these. Why do I think an Artisan Contest terrain theme is due.

tjub:

Oh, didn’t even think about that! Make the Gryphounds as Lammassus and a big petrified sorcerer instead of Sigmar. The other stuff could be left as they are and painted as obsidian or similar. :smiley:

Jasko:

Oh, didn't even think about that! Make the Gryphounds as Lammassus and a big petrified sorcerer instead of Sigmar. The other stuff could be left as they are and painted as obsidian or similar. :D

tjub
Exactly what I was thinking. :hat off

Heavygear:

Heavygear
Someone converted just that for a GH/Artisan contest. A theme fitting both AoS and Chaos Dwarfs, "Slave raiders from the sky". Sounds like an epic 80s movie. :D

tjub
Would it be this one by papa midnight?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I love these!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

tjub:

Would it be this one by papa midnight?

Heavygear
Jupp, thats the one! Excellent model. :)

Sadin2912:

According to

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/10/warhammer-fest-uk-2019-live-bloggw-homepage-post-3fw-homepage-post-1/

it seems like the mercenaries system is only for narrative play?

In this case it wont change much :confused:

tjub:

According to

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/10/warhammer-fest-uk-2019-live-bloggw-homepage-post-3fw-homepage-post-1/

it seems like the mercenaries system is only for narrative play?

In this case it wont change much :/

Sadin2912
Im not sure its the same, thought it would be included in Forbidden Power somehow? I mean mercenary rules for Narrative Play seems a bit odd, since its up to the players to agree on the story anyway etc dont exactly need rules that say you can. Guess we will have to wait and see... :hat off

Uther the unhinged:

@Tjub Yeah it is odd. I suspect they don�?Tt want/expect it in tournaments. Will not stop me and the kids. One son wants beastclaw raiders or death, me, I am still hoping for grits (or ironjawz go go black orcs).

Heavygear:

Well today’s unboxong specifies mercenaries are either fyreslayers or flesheater courts. Sorry for the false hope everyone.

Uther the unhinged:

Dang! Mind you I have had some thoughts.

1. For AoS I think we can take chais ogres as allies so that allows slave ogres

2. Proxies for black orcs possibly counts as blood warriors

3. Hobgoblin infantry as ungors or ungor raiders

4. Wolf Riders marauder horsemen. Only problem is bows count as javelins

Just need understanding opposition (or kids who can be bribed with chocolate).