[Archive] Araby in the End Times?

ashur:

Exactly what it says on the title.

Do we have any information about Araby’s fate (beside the fact that they suffer the same ending as anyone else)? I have not read all the End Times books and novels so if anyone knows…

tjub:

Exactly what it says on the title.

Do we have any information about Araby's fate (beside the fact that they suffer the same ending as anyone else)? I have not read all the End Times books and novels so if anyone knows...

ashur
Didn't the whole world get absorbed by chaos? So every grain of sand went with it I guess...

cornixt:

Dead Dave. Everybody’s dead, Dave.

BeeZharr:

Dead Dave. Everybody's dead, Dave.

cornixt
Even Nagash?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

It’s a complete and total wipe of the existing story line. Only Chaos survived.

Malorndk:

And perhaps the essence of Sigmar

Discoking:

And perhaps the essence of Sigmar

Malorndk
If it is Sigmar...

Bloodbeard:

Araloth walked into some other light dimension to build a new realm for the elves.

Lizards escaped into space! Sci-Fi lizards. Like Dino Riders!

Malorndk:

But didn’t Haven get destroyed when Jerrod confronted Lileath/Lady of the lake in mortal form, and she stupididly revealed Havens existence, while Belakor was listening? It’s somewhere in the Athel Loren chapter in ET: Archaon I think

Dînadan:

The more I hear about the End Times, the more I hope 9th ed will retcon it into being the deam of some Imperial scholar driven made by the Chaos Gods for shits and giggles. :expressionless:

Bronze Bull:

Dino Riders was awesome.

The End Times? Not so much.

Malorndk:

I LOVE The End Times! The Nagash, Khaine and Archaon books are insanely inspiring and great stories to read about the biggest, most wellknown characters from the Warhammer world. Glottkin was rather poorly executed and I haven’t read Thanquol yet.

The rules they provide are a mix between cool (the formations and hosts from Achaon), mediocre (Lore of Undead, the combined armies) and atrocious (Magic of the End Times from Khaine, the army selection stuff from Archaon). In a houserule environment where you pick and choose, they work wonderfully.

The overall reasoning for resetting the world seem bad, but the way they did it was very well executed aside from the prize on the books, and the small print available

ashur:

so i guess there is not a single Word about araby in any end times material?

Malorndk:

No they aren’t mentionen in any books (Haven’t read Thanquol yet, but I doubt it)

Fuggit Khan:

I have not read any of the End Times books, but a good friend of mine at the local gaming store has read them twice (he loves them!)…I asked him last night if the fate of Araby was mentioned anywhere, he said “Sadly, no”.

But on the other hand, maybe you or someone could take this opportunity to write a story for the current Scribes Contest, mentioning Araby…perhaps a Dawi Zharr exodus to those lands?

Bloodbeard:

Thanks for checking it out Fuggit Khan.

I think we can safely asume that Araby is destroyed, dead and perhaps even undead.

As Araby is the neighbour to The Land of the Dead wouldn’t that be the first place to get swarmed by Nagash and all his undead minions?

ashur:

To bad.

I was hoping every nation in the Warhammer World would get some small mention, at least to know what happened to them and how they faced the end. Even if they matter little, I think they all belong to our fluff and therefore deserved some attention.