[Archive] Are Hellcannon bitz really not worth re-selling?

Astranagant:

I ask this as I’m considering opening an E-bay store, and as popular as Hellcannon bitz are for dressing up damn near any CD war machine, it carries a hefty price tag.

So, if one were to sell one off piece by piece, what parts are absolutely useless and not worth buying? Could I make $70 in bitz for the $50 price tag that a Hellcannon typically carries?

Obvious parts:

Hellcannon wheels

Hellcannon crew (probably sold as a lot)

What would be worth paying for the parts?

GRNDL:

Depends on how you want to treat your fellow CD fanatic, I guess.

Kera foehunter:

well get one and see what happen i know some of the people here might want some parts

Pyro Stick:

I would have appreciated a shop like this about a month ago. I was looking for hellcannon wheels and couldnt find them seperately anywhere on ebay.

snowblizz:

At the price you’d have to charge I’m not sure it will be worth it.

You’ll be out a lot of cash with uncertain returns. Yeah you could sell the crew and wheels quickly, and some other parts maybe, but will you be able to bitz-out the cannon itself for 20-30$? Dunno.

I’m going to point out that there has to be a reason practically no bitz supplier does metal bitz.

Astranagant:

I'm going to point out that there has to be a reason practically no bitz supplier does metal bitz.

snowblizz
That's what I'm thinking... I kind of wish I'd looked at the bitz for it when GW still sold them. I don't own one so I'm not entirely sure how many parts it comes in.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Oh oh please! I’ve been on a desperate quest of searching Hellcannon parts for ages :hat off

I’m not sure if it’d be worthwhile. It might be so if you’d buy a couple of Hellcannons every once in a while and sell them off, but an actual shop?

Astranagant:

Oh oh please! I've been on a desperate quest of searching Hellcannon parts for ages :hat off

I'm not sure if it'd be worthwhile. It might be so if you'd buy a couple of Hellcannons every once in a while and sell them off, but an actual shop?

Hrothgar Goldgreed
I'm planning on having an E-bay store anyways, so I figured, why not piece out a Hellcannon once in a while, as you've said... it's pricing that I'm not really sure about.

Pyro Stick:

I'm planning on having an E-bay store anyways, so I figured, why not piece out a Hellcannon once in a while, as you've said... it's pricing that I'm not really sure about.

Astranagant
Check some other Bits stores and see what they are charging. Check out Bitz Box, Bits kingdom etc.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

20-30% over retail price? If you buy your Hellcannons over Ebay, it should be very doable. I believe they don’t pop up that often but if you’d charge 20-30% over retail price, that’d end up with at least 50% profit over each bit (2nd hand should be (much) cheaper than new).

I know a store here in the Netherlands that has a huge stock of all kinds of boxes, I believe they sell Hellcannons pretty cheap although I could well imagine all are sold out already. It’s a pity I don’t live closer, otherwise I’d have considered the same.

Kera foehunter:

hurry up and start you site i would want parts for a hell canon !!

but i don’t want the wheels

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Sneaks hand over to grab Kera’s wheels…YOINK!

Astranagant:

Well, I’m sold… if I can find a hellcannon or two for a decent price I will piece it out. Forum members will get first dibs, of course…

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Cheers mate. I happen to be looking for wheels myself, as I only need the parts that are really Hellcannon-indentifying. That, and the crewmen is basically all I need. :slight_smile:

WoodenPickles:

whats the link to your site I need a barrel

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Look at the topic’s name.

Look at this quote:

I ask this as I’m considering opening an E-bay store,
Does he have a store or does he not…?

two_heads_talking:

I would have appreciated a shop like this about a month ago. I was looking for hellcannon wheels and couldnt find them seperately anywhere on ebay.

Pyro Stick
didn't you just cast your parts anyways? I'm not being cynical, but nothing can beat recast parts for your own items.. lol