[Archive] Artisan's Contest XII Winners

Nicodemus:

The final votes for ACXII are in, without further ado:

In 3rd place, with a Bronze medal is ThommyH

2nd place, and a Silver medal finish, is cornixt

and out of nowhere, for the gold medal finish, with “The Most Powerful Weapon of All” is the darkhorse bitterman!

Well done to all the entrants. As promised, each entrant will receive 18 slaves… and yes, it should have been 16 (one for each entrant), except that I miscounted in my initial posting, so the additional slaves will be coming from my most-productive salt mines. I hope they serve you all well!

And just for the record, here’s the breakdown of the entries from the original ACXII post:

silentbob27 Limerick of the Life Drinker Axe

zargon the black From the Black forge of Zargon

DAGabriel Traveler`s fate

Borador Star of Zharr-Naggrund

Bitterman The Most Powerful Weapon of All

vulcanologist ODE TO THE IMMORTAL AXE

ThommyH The Hammer of Zharr

Nicodemus The Epic of Deephack Choppera

fonejaker The Dagger Of Malice

Rolemodeld Hierarchy

RTMaitreya AWAKEN, AZTHROMM-THOGI!

Herby For the greater good of god

Abecedar Storm Brothers

cornixt There once was an axe

Obsidian Muse The Three Questions of Priming

frostbit3 Ode to the Magma Cannon

Congratulations once again to all - and thanks to those who voted for mine ;) :cheers

~N

vulcanologist:

Big congrats to all the winners especially Bitterman on his triumph!

Well done also to everyone who entered and also to Nico for running the show…Oh and cheers for the slaves too!

DAGabriel:

Today in the moon temple of Zharr-Dareis:

�?oYes, great prophet, it has been an honour to partake in the contest! Thank you so much for looking at my unworthy contributions!�?� Htharikk Darkheart slammed the horn back onto the magic communicator and roared: �?oBring me the artisan-slaves!�?�

The captain of his guard vanished from the throne room and some minutes later brought two shackled elves in front of Htharikk Darkheart.

�?oI just spoke with the great prophet and he thanked me for partaking in the artisans contest!�?�

These last words he seemed to spit out of his mouth.

�?oHow do you dare to present something in my name which does not take the prize?�?�

�?oGreat lord�?�,�?� mumbled one of the elves.

�?oSILENCE! Let me think how to thank you for this shame you heaped on my name.�?�

Darkheart played with the long tresses of his beard.

�?oCaptain, put those two into a cage and hang them into the great crater for a week or two.

There they may ponder on their abilities to produce pleasing poetry!

If they should survive, put them into the salt mines until next year before we let them try again!�?�

The captain dragged the sobbing elves away while Darkheart mused how to rise again in the eyes of his fellow Dawi.

(Thanks to all who voted for my little Haiku)

cornixt:

After seeing all the other entries I was rather surprised to see mine in the top two! I wrote it, then figured I could do better and wrote two more, but neither was quite as good. I’ll post those tomorrow.

Bitterman:

I’m… I’m a winner!

I don’t know what to say!

{wipes tear from cheek}

Thanks very much, hope you all enjoyed the story…

Nicodemus:

The final votes for ACXII are in, without further ado:

In 3rd place, with a Bronze medal is ThommyH

2nd place, and a Silver medal finish, is cornixt

and out of nowhere, for the gold medal finish, with “The Most Powerful Weapon of All” is the darkhorse bitterman!

Well done to all the entrants. As promised, each entrant will receive 18 slaves… and yes, it should have been 16 (one for each entrant), except that I miscounted in my initial posting, so the additional slaves will be coming from my most-productive salt mines. I hope they serve you all well!

And just for the record, here’s the breakdown of the entries from the original ACXII post:

silentbob27 Limerick of the Life Drinker Axe

zargon the black From the Black forge of Zargon

DAGabriel Traveler`s fate

Borador Star of Zharr-Naggrund

Bitterman The Most Powerful Weapon of All

vulcanologist ODE TO THE IMMORTAL AXE

ThommyH The Hammer of Zharr

Nicodemus The Epic of Deephack Choppera

fonejaker The Dagger Of Malice

Rolemodeld Hierarchy

RTMaitreya AWAKEN, AZTHROMM-THOGI!

Herby For the greater good of god

Abecedar Storm Brothers

cornixt There once was an axe

Obsidian Muse The Three Questions of Priming

frostbit3 Ode to the Magma Cannon

Congratulations once again to all - and thanks to those who voted for mine ;) :cheers

~N

vulcanologist:

Big congrats to all the winners especially Bitterman on his triumph!

Well done also to everyone who entered and also to Nico for running the show…Oh and cheers for the slaves too!

DAGabriel:

Today in the moon temple of Zharr-Dareis:

�?oYes, great prophet, it has been an honour to partake in the contest! Thank you so much for looking at my unworthy contributions!�?� Htharikk Darkheart slammed the horn back onto the magic communicator and roared: �?oBring me the artisan-slaves!�?�

The captain of his guard vanished from the throne room and some minutes later brought two shackled elves in front of Htharikk Darkheart.

�?oI just spoke with the great prophet and he thanked me for partaking in the artisans contest!�?�

These last words he seemed to spit out of his mouth.

�?oHow do you dare to present something in my name which does not take the prize?�?�

�?oGreat lord�?�,�?� mumbled one of the elves.

�?oSILENCE! Let me think how to thank you for this shame you heaped on my name.�?�

Darkheart played with the long tresses of his beard.

�?oCaptain, put those two into a cage and hang them into the great crater for a week or two.

There they may ponder on their abilities to produce pleasing poetry!

If they should survive, put them into the salt mines until next year before we let them try again!�?�

The captain dragged the sobbing elves away while Darkheart mused how to rise again in the eyes of his fellow Dawi.

(Thanks to all who voted for my little Haiku)

cornixt:

After seeing all the other entries I was rather surprised to see mine in the top two! I wrote it, then figured I could do better and wrote two more, but neither was quite as good. I’ll post those tomorrow.

Bitterman:

I’m… I’m a winner!

I don’t know what to say!

{wipes tear from cheek}

Thanks very much, hope you all enjoyed the story…

cornixt:

Here are all the limericks I wrote:

There once was an axe from Flayed Rock

Whose edge was as dull as a sock

His owner was skilled

But no blood was spilled

And the orc head received just a knock

There once was an axe from Uzkulak

Made of obsidian black

His owner unskilled

But much blood was spilled

For each head that it hit would then crack