[Archive] Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!

Admiral:

[align=center][/align]

Artisan’s Contest XVIII: Hidden Masters of the Blacksmiths of Chaos

"And lesser souls will tremble in fear at their passing…"

[attachment=4979] <1 [attachment=4980] <2 [attachment=4978] <3

1st Place: Entry #6 - Axtklinge!

2nd Place: Entry # 7 - Fuggit Khan!

3rd Place: Entry #4 - Dînadan!

And an honourable mention to Jackswift, who trailed bronze by one vote!

The entry key!

You can share your love for each entry by donating slaves to the owners of the entries!

01 - Abecedar

02 - The_Penguin

03 - Jackswift

04 - Dînadan

05 - Zanko

06 - Axtklinge

07 - Fuggit Khan

Slaves and medals are coming! Should you have earned a new Veteran’s Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan’s Contest competitions (note: Scribe’s Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe’s Medal).

And now for the gold prize! Axtklinge will be contacted by Bloodbeard in the coming days to receive this grim character:

A big “thanks” to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to Grimstonefire for his prize donation!

And that’s it for this round of Artisan’s Contest, folks. Now let’s see the participants’ entries in the blogs. :wink:

Next up, Scribe’s Contest!

The Staff

Also on CDO: Happy Holidays from Chaos Dwarfs Online- 2015 Edition

Dînadan:

Congrats Axtklinge and thanks for everyone who voted for mine :slight_smile:

Jackswift:

Congratulations to Axtklinge! Very nice conversion and sculpting work on the model. And to the Fuggit Khan and Dinadan for the Silver and Bronze.

Abecedar:

Congratulations to everyone, well done.

Zanko:

Congrats to thewinners! :hat off

:hashut

Abecedar:

And to celebrate the conclusion of Artisans 18 and the end of competitions on CDO for this year, you are all invited to a feast around the BBQ of Hashut.
Sometimes the stuff being cooked is so enticing that Hashut decides to consume it in a blaze of godly flames, hence the slightly melted and twisted state of the BBQ frame. Today it is "Arme de Oggre and Rack of Troll Ribs"

Although, some of the guests wished the “Chef” would use proper cooking utensils rather than his dissecting implements straight from the divination ritual

Zanko:

I would like to get a piece of the “Arme d`Ogre” and a beer! :cheers

Great idea and awesome execution! :smiley:

:hashut

Axtklinge:

Great job and congrats to everyone!

There were plenty of imaginative entry’s so thanks a lot to everyone who voted for my “Slave Master”.

:hat off

Beer’s on me on the BBQ of Hashut!

:cheers

Cheers,

A.

PS: I feel really rewarded by the effort I’ve put to actually participate in this Artisan’s contest. Those who’ve been following my “Path of Zharkhan” CDO blog, probably know that I was struggling with time to get my blood bowl team painted and ready for a local tournament, and I knew that I needed to paint the “Slave Master” before I started with the team or I would never be able to get it finished in time for the contest. So I’m glad I did invested some time in the SM.

Oh, and by the way, I’ve also managed to finish the team (and play with it on the tourney), but more on that later… and on the blog! :wink:

Thank you all, and congrats to everyone again!

:hat off

Rakkzul:

Congrats to everyone! :hat off

Fuggit Khan:

Congratulations to everyone :cheers

I truly had no idea who would win this one, all of the entries were clever and well done, each one deserved a medal. I ultimately based my votes on which character that I personally would like to make myself. Really good idea’s, all of them :slight_smile:

And Abecedar, you had my vote, even though your BBQ is an even better idea :cheers

Abecedar:

The BBQ was an after thought and fun to make. I had as many if not more problems with it than the whole of the Altar.

The_Penguin:

Congratulations and salutations, gentlemen! ) :hat off

The prizes are well-deserved and thank you, Admiral, and the rest of the staff for hosting such an interesting event. :cheers

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :hat off

Bloodbeard:

Congratulations to the winners. Really fantastic and different entries for this one!

Admiral:

Hahaha, that BBQ altar is perfect! Well done all participants. We might repeat this theme later on if there’s interest, and we’ll certainly have other “invent a new unit” contests to come.

Will soon get back into the hobby and CDO. Do anyone want any particular theme for the next Scribe’s Contest? There’s a couple of dozen planned ones in store, but we might as well listen to wishes this holiday season. :wink: