[Archive] Artisan's Contest XXV

Admiral:

[align=center]

“Break out the whip!”[/align]

Zanko Presents: Artisan’s Contest XXV!

Slave Flesh

The goal here is to make some slaves for your Chaos Dwarf collection! People can enter with any number of slave models, but note that ordinary Hobgoblins do not count as slaves for the purposes of this contest (they’re rather a privileged middlemen slave caste). Slaves can come in virtually any shape and size, be it Gnoblar, Goblins, Orcs, Manlings, Ogres, Giants, bound Asscannons or weirder still: They can be gladiatorial fighters, labourers, sacrificial victims, cannon fodder, sentient beasts of burden, unwilling mutilated body part donators locked up in a Daemonsmith’s cage like a bird with clipped wings (a fate especially prone for Elves, due to their flesh’s value as alchemical ingredients, see Tamurkhan), or something else entirely. Likewise, you are welcome to include slavedrivers (whether Chaos Dwarf or Hobgoblin, or something else) to keep your slaves attentive.

You are welcome to make a diorama out of your entry, if you wish, e.g. having a monstrous slave or a whole gang of lesser slaves hauling bagage or towing a war machine; or toiling in a mine; or hard at working digging out in the field; or being blasted apart, drowned or crushed in an industrial accident; or having dozens of slaves carry an oversized throne for a Chaos Dwarf overlord during a parade; or having slaves thrown into molten metal or scorched upon a fire altar; or having living slaves disembowelled for scrying in their intestines; or polishing their master’s vaunted big hat; or rising in revolt against their oppressors; or being auctioned off at the slave market; or sitting in cramped cages or chained up in tight slave barracks; or something else entirely. The sky is the limit!

The CDO Staff won’t be picky with what entries are accepted. Instead we expect voters to reward those entries which play to the spirit of the contest theme, as is usually the case.

Still, if you are unsure whether your entry will meet the requirements please PM Admiral.

Prizes

Zanko will reward the gold a kit of resin Goblin Wolfriders from the Russian Alternative!

[align=center][/align]

While the silver winner will carry home a kit of 4 Deathspitter Blunderbusses of Ancient Times, sculpted by Jon Horsleben:

[align=center][/align]

The bronze winner will get a little kit of 2 Tjubling Blunderbuss Extras, courtesy of Tjub:

[align=center][/align]

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Deadline

The deadline for the submission of entries is September 6th 2018 at 11:59pm EST.

Rules of the Competition

Each member may only enter once.

Model and paint slave models.

Bases or no bases are up to you.

Submissions should include up to four pictures. No overlaid words of explanation or photoshop effects in your submitted photos please.

You may not submit pictures of a model that have been entered into other online competitions or posted in a finished state before.

Don’t post your entries in the forum before the contest is over.

See also the General Rules & Guidelines.

How to Enter?

Submit your entry by sending a PM to Staff (a special user that all Staff have access to) with four photos of your entry. Please do not send an e-mail to any of the admin or staff accounts as this is a sure fire way to have your entry missed.

Please note that your entry will benefit if the photos are all clearly composed, since voters will base their judgement upon what they can see in the pictures on their computer screens.

How will this be judged?

Sometime after the due date we will post all entries to a new thread and voting can commence!

Good luck everyone!
The Staff

Will Liam:

Ive got an idea of what I want to paint already so will be able to get straight on with it with out having to think it through too much :slight_smile:

The_Penguin:

Now that is the contest I should definitely take part in! :cheers

Love the theme. I shall send my desert dwarfs to find some proper slaves! :hat off

Uther the unhinged:

Hashuts�?T log : Realmdate 2472018

Our mission:

To seek out new lands, new culture, new peoples. To boldly enslave what no dawi zharr has enslaved before!

Kamphre:

I missed the previous Golden Hat, I’ll definitively enter this one !

Zanthrax:

Awesome awesome awesome e

Zanko:

Since I cut off the fingertip of my right index finger today, I am not sure how my AC entry will continue … :frowning:

:hashut

Admiral:

Since I cut off the fingertip of my right index finger today, I am not sure how my AC entry will continue ... :(

Zanko
Ouch! Were the doctors able to fix it back on? :o

Tip in case anyone else suffers this: Store the finger or fingertip in your mouth, and get to a hospital at once. The saliva in your mouth is antibacterial (hence our reflex to suck on fresh wounds). An officer in the army did this for a conscript who lost a finger, witnessed by a work mate of mine.

Zanko:

I was probably a little too unclear in the description, it is “only” a piece of the fingertip cut off (not the complete!). It hinders at the moment with painting and handicrafts and it hurts a little … :mad

Uther the unhinged:

@Zanko…Owww that still hurts even if it is a little piece. Hope you get better soon. Hashut and we need you. Good luck.

Abecedar:

I still have all 8 fingers and two thumbs. I like to round the percentages up.

finally getting some traction with this one, Not much but some suitable models and no ideas yet

Zanko:

Fortunately I have already been able to paint some things, only the planned diorama will probably become nothing more … :expressionless:

Uther the unhinged:

I will soon have to take the Zharrlings to see their aged relatives in the South (the sorcerors curse restricts their mobility). Therefore I must finish the slave project early. Fortunately Igor tells me that the slaves have been purchased and whipped into shape (who says hobgoblins have no sense of humour). They now await my approval and the appropriate livery. Sooooon I will conquer!

Uther the unhinged:

Bizarrely enough my entry is in early.

Igor and I have inspected them and they will have to do. So photos in and time to concentrate on the next generation, Hashut help us.

Jackswift:

Going to try and enter… Still working on the idea… Sorry to hear about the finger Zanko… Here’s to a quick recovery.:cheers

Abecedar:

Slow going, but I will have something to enter.

Most days it feels like I’ve been hitting the brick wall as soon as my feet hit the floor

Zanthrax:

Mine will be submitted in the next few days - just a couple of finishing touches required

tjub:

Decided to try and enter this, though Im busy all weekend we will have to see how it ends up. Hopefully it should be finished in time… :slight_smile:

Admiral:

Deadline pushed to 6th of September. I’m not going to fall in an obvious stress trap as life unexpectedly turned hectic. Make the most of the extra days. :wink:

I’ll answer PMs etc. within days. Please pardon the delay!

Kamphre:

I’m in !

I spent most of the day to paint, at least I’ve another mini for my army. Good luck everyone !