[Archive] Attempt at Juggernaut Rules

Pyro Stick:

Here is some rules i have so far. I have yet to do the cannons and some other little bits.

Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut

Cost: 220 Points per Juggernaut
Crew: 2 crew on the bottom and 1 for every level of the tower after that and 1 Boar Centaur to push it.

M WS BS S T    W   I  A Ld
   0   -  -  7 5(+1) - 1 -

Movement is the same as the Boar Centaur pushing it
1 Attack for every crew member in the Juggernaut, +1 for every crew member in every additional tower.

Wounds- 5 wounds +1 for every tower added up to a max of two extra towers after the first original one.

The Juggernaut provides the crew with a 4+ save before the crew takes their Armour Save. The crew all have Heavy Armour. The Crossbowmen have a crossbow and a Hand Weapon
The Boar Centaur pushing the Juggernaut has the same profile as the ones pushing the Whirlwind and Tenderiser.

Chaos Dwarf Crossbowmen Profile
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 4 3 4 4 1 2 1 9
Champion-4 5 4 5 4 2 3 2 9

1 Champion per Juggernaut
Boar Centaurs do not have Champion

Juggernaut Options
*May be upgraded with Skins of the Foes for 20 points

Skins of the Foe
The Juggernaut walls are adorned with the skins of the enemy. This gory sight causes the Juggernaut to cause Terror when it charges and Fear when it is charged.

*May add an extra tower to the Juggernaut for an extra 30 points for every tower up to an extra two after the first original one.

*For every tower the crewman is a Chaos Dwarf Crossbowman. This may be changed to more than 1 Chaos Dwarf Crossbowman for 8 points for every additional Crossbowman up to an extra 3 for every tower platform consisting solely of Chaos Dwarf Crossbowman. The Chaos Dwarf Crossbowman may be changed to a Boar Centaur Crossbowman for 50 points. Boar Centaur break normal Crossbows by accident when they try to use them so a more robust Crossbow was designed for them. Boar Centaur Crossbows follow the rules for Bolt Throwers when attacking with the following exceptions- It has a range of 25 inches and the strength is 5-1 per rank. Boar Centaur Crossbowmen have a BS of 4. The Boar Centaur Crossbow doesn�t count as a War Machine.
The Chaos Dwarf Crossbowman may also be changed, on the top platform only, to a Chaos Dwarf Mortar for 60 points. ( profile for the mortar will be added later)

Special Rules
The Juggernaut counts as a Large Target and provides Hard Cover for the Crew.
When the Juggernaut charges it causes 1D6+1D3 strength 5 hits

Attacking the Juggernaut
Close Combat Attacks hit automatically.
Shooting attacks roll a D6
D6 Result
1-3 Crew
4-6 Juggernaut

When the Juggernaut is destroyed all models on board must pass a Toughness test or suffer 1 S5 hit. Survivors are placed where the juggernaut was destroyed

EDIT: Newest Version of these rules can be found here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pyro_Stick's_Fan_Rules#Revised_Juggernaut_Rules

Willmark:

Now that the Second and Third issues of the Word of Hashut are out why don’t people give these rules a try and reply back here with feedback. I’d be interested to hear how they play out in 7th edition.

Pyro Stick:

Ive added the revised rules that i entered into the AC, along with the fluff, to the cdo wiki Fan Rules page of mine:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pyro_Stick's_Fan_Rules#Revised_Juggernaut_Rules

jolpis:

love the idea of adding towers Good work! surviving crew the fear causing is a bit underpriced but its a good idea with the customizing and all

AtomTaylor:

Great work Pyro, I’d reduce the movement speed a bit as its being lugged along by one creature. I would also give options for an extra Boar Centaur pusher.

Also It should not be able to be normally pushed up hills or over broken ground. All in all very concise, much appreciated.

Abecedar:

Pyros rules were what drew me into firstly the Hand of Hashut forum and then here.

I had collected models and wanted rules to play them and his is what I found

Admiral:

A living resource still relevant to the rather popular 3rd edition, and a resource which ensnared Abecedar. Well worth refreshing. :hat off