[Archive] babarian chaos army possible?

Hazkar:

im thinking of starting a babarian themed chaos army

so here are my questions:

is there a babarian special character in the new army book or are they all knights?

are babarians core units in the new edition?

thx for help :hat off

two_heads_talking:

if you are speaking of maruaders, they are usually lead by a chaos warrior/knight…

I think marauders are core, not sure whey they wouldn’t be…

Swissdictator:

It could be done I think.

Wouldn’t Wulfric, or however you spell his name, possibly count?

Plus you could always model up a character to look like a tough McNasty Marauder style guy and use the normal character stats. I don’t think people would complain as long as you made the guy stand out a bit.

Arashi:

Marauders are core, and there’s no character what I know. ButI think there was a list on WD with just a marauder army some time ago. And there was a marauder character you could get on GD /with a WD subscription.

You can also do as Swiss said, and use “count as” rules.

Hazkar:

ok,thx guys

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Xander:

It’s simple, you just have heavily armoured Warriors as your leaders, but don’t put Warrior Helemts on anything. :slight_smile: I’ve seen a few people doing Norse armies this way.

You are going to want Chaos Knights, they are the best unit choice in the book, and I dare say it will be a challenge to win without them. :stuck_out_tongue:

two_heads_talking:

you could do an all marauder army and hav them count as the chaos warrior counterparts… just let your opponent know that before hand… and do some modifications to the marauders to show they are a bit more buff than the average marauder/norseman… lol

Swissdictator:

Plus play the way you like, that’s also important.

While Chaos Knights are worth their points twice over… and yes it will be harder to win without them, if you’re happier playing a Marauder list go for it. If you’re happier with a list you’ll be more patient through the learning curve.

Plus you could take the counts as even further: Forsaken could be Bezerkers that look like a bunch of Vikings with Rabies…

You have some cool opportunities here. Check out some of the Osprey books on historical armies and such, and see what they have on Barbarians and Vikings. I think you will get a ton of nice ideas to make your army work, especially if you go for counts as.

AllEvil:

You could also get that dogs of war unit with the bear-men.

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/dogsofwar/catalog/bearmen.htm

Cryonicleech:

I was thinking this as well, and although I would have few units with chaos armor (yes, that means NO knights/Warriors)

For models, you could use Wulfrik (obviously) or what I find works is just an Exalted Hero without a helmet. Equip wise I would’nt take too much armor and maybe just like a Hand Weapon and shield with a gift of chaos.

Thommy H:

Forsaken could be Bezerkers that look like a bunch of Vikings with Rabies...
Or, better yet, what berserkers were pretending to be: werewolves/bears.

Marauders are Core, but there are no non-Warrior character choices. That said, it would be pretty easy to count a barbarian hero type as an Exalted Hero or Chaos Lord. He may not be wearing armour, but it's just a 4+ save - say he's just supernaturally tough or whatever. It's not like anyone would get confused: all Chaos characters have a 4+ save, so there's no WYSIWYG issue. If it's a character in a Chaos army, they have Chaos armour.

Swissdictator:

If it's a character in a Chaos army, they have Chaos armour.

Thommy H
Perhaps Warpaint in this case? :)

Thommy H:

Yeah, that would certainly be a suitable excuse. Point is, no one could ever get confused: there’s no option to not have Chaos armour, so even if a Chaos character doesn’t appear to wear it, they must have it according to the rules. It should be a non-issue.

Swissdictator:

Thommy H: I agree on that. It’s not something that can be misunderstood.

My Black Knights for my first VC army had swords, painted as if there were magically enchanted (as they are) due to Wight Blade. Later I took Orc spears and shaved the arms off and glued them to the backs ala Mongol Keshiks. It made for a cool look.

I think this can be done easily here too. I say go for it! Make the army you want, and make it look good!

Hazkar:

there are lot of good ideas,have to thank all of you

snowblizz:

Yeah, that would certainly be a suitable excuse. Point is, no one could ever get confused: there's no option to not have Chaos armour, so even if a Chaos character doesn't appear to wear it, they must have it according to the rules. It should be a non-issue.

Thommy H
Thommy H: I agree on that. It's not something that can be misunderstood.

My Black Knights for my first VC army had swords, painted as if there were magically enchanted (as they are) due to Wight Blade. Later I took Orc spears and shaved the arms off and glued them to the backs ala Mongol Keshiks. It made for a cool look.

I think this can be done easily here too. I say go for it! Make the army you want, and make it look good!

swissdictator
Guys, vastly overestimating the intelligence of people here. There's always someone who's going to be "problematic".

As for the thread, to be frank I don't think it is unreasonable to have a character with some armour. After all a big bad boss would be able to get it and would use it because it would mark out his status.
either way, armoured or not would work though.