[Archive] Bale Taurus

Beast:

Hi all

I’ve just made an impulsive buy on Ebay for a Bale Taurus at pretty much half FW prices.

I’m now wondering if it was a bad buy because i never see them in any lists and i’ve yet to purchase the Tamurkhan book!

Help, somebody ease my worries!!

Andy

Time of Madness:

Sell it to me! I must have just been sniped by you at the last second. I was all over that one.

The bale taurus is used as a mount for the prophet. You need to be playing games above 2400pts to make good use of him.

Time of Madness

Beast:

Sorry mate

Made me feel bad now!

Andy

Time of Madness:

Haha don’t feel bad you won it fair and square. Guess I should have put a higher value on it.

Time of Madness

fattdex:

I reckon you need to be playing >2500 to get value from it, so i will only use it occasionally. Pretty model, though, so don’t feel too bad.

Used it yesterday at 2500, it didn’t achieve anything that bull centaurs could not have up on the front line, and I really could have used my level 4 on my back line to ash storm approaching units as swordmasters were able to attack my flank and mince through my war machines, I’d have slowed them down sufficiently if the SP was back there to help.

Marduk:

This model is amazing. It’s worth the money even if you never use it in a game, even better if you bought it at half price.

Beast:

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Time of Madness:

They have another one up for sale on ebay now. I have a second chance :slight_smile:

Time of Madness

eudaimon:

The Bale Taurus destroys face.

Nuff said.

Mad Dave:

its a nice model I’ve just finished painting mine… i might pop up a pick if i get enough courage… but i agree I’ve only ever seen it at 2500> and I’m planning on using it at 3000 at my local club for the annual huge Xmas slaughter battle at 3000pts per person (3v3 so far) battle in a few weeks.

Groznit Goregut:

I really like the idea of a Bale Taurus. Well, either Taurus has their benefits, actually. The Bale Taurus can help turn your Prophet into a combat machine. The flame attack, breath weapon, stomp, etc make him tough. The high WS, armor, and magic weapon the Prophet gets is also pretty cool. I’ve thought about taking a lvl 4 of Fire just to go for the 2 augment spells to heal the Taurus. Maybe even a healing potion on the Prophet.