[Archive] Banners

Julio:

I am getting so frustrated with these banner poles I have. They are the “T” shaped ones. See I have the pole but no banner. What good is that? If anyone knows some good ways to make sturdy banners that would be greatly appreciated. :hat off

Ghrask Dragh:

Check out Ishkurs banners…

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5733

Kera foehunter:

Well i use plastic cups that you get from like the quicky mart,its the type you would put soda in . Cut them with sissor to the banner shape you like and you can twist them to get a waving action. primmer stick good to the plastic too.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

That sounds interesting, any chance of seeing a photo of this type of banner soon, Kera?

Kera foehunter:

Yes i can do that!!! im working on some cd now and when i post them i do a banner too.

Pyro Stick:

I just got photocopies of the ones from the back of the book and i just paint them. Kind of like colouring in when you are a child :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

Photo copys humm Thats sounds wronge… unless you did it at work then its ok.

Hammerhand:

I was always told to use the kind of foil tube you get tomato puree in. It’s entirely malleable and about the right thickness, you can cut out your shape and make anny folds in it you wish. I ignored that guy though, I just tend to either use moulded ones from GW or scratch build an Icon from plasticard.

wallacer:

You could always just use really thin sheets of plasticard.

That’s what a lot of people in my neck of the woods do.

Kera foehunter:

I never heard of that one�Hammerhand.�sounds cool thow.So what type Banner do you use of gw

Canix:

I use foil sheet you can buy from craft store ,they use it to engrave pics on :hat

Kera foehunter:

hey thanks Canix

Lumpy:

Greenstuff banners are the best. A bit tricky to make if your inexperienced at it but look amazing if done right, Furthermore they are study and dont crease ect so you dont have the same problems as paper or foil, Also they are more flexible while curing than plastic cups so you get a nice shape.

AGPO:

I was always told to use the kind of foil tube you get tomato puree in. It's entirely malleable and about the right thickness, you can cut out your shape and make anny folds in it you wish. I ignored that guy though, I just tend to either use moulded ones from GW or scratch build an Icon from plasticard.

Hammerhand
I've used this method and it works well for display models but isn't as tough as other methods for gaming pieces and the inevitable wear and tear they take

Kera foehunter:

maybe we could do a contest on C D members banners??