[Archive] Base size for Destroyer?

Steve D:

What is everyone basing their destroyer on?

lostmember:

I think FW have told everyone to use the Arachnarok Spider base.

Thommy H:

Yeah, that’s what the book suggests.

Steve D:

Ok thanks!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Norngahl:

Just a quick question:

The Kdaii´s are meant to be Golems from Metal, with bound fire daemons, correct?

So the Fireborn have a more or less human appearance (?), but what about the Destroyer? Is there any fluff that describes it´s shape?

I heard about the Destroyer beeing a giant metallic bull, can anybody confirm this? Personally I thought the destroyer is just a bigger Golem, which I wanted to convert from a Dreadknight/Soulgrinder or such, but if he has the shape of a bull I´d rethink that. Want to stay as close to the fluff as possible.

Thanks for any background info about the Kdaii’s :hat off

Grimstonefire:

Some people saw pics of the Fireborn in the folder with the Monstrous Arcana stuff at games day. They had ‘japanese style masks/heads’. That’s about all we know.

The artwork in the book is the very dark picture of the glowing bull with scaly skin that’s on here somewhere, we’ve seen it already.

So it’s not clear yet what’s going to happen.

Bassman:

My K’Daii will be metal machineries powered by furnaces, with flames, dirt greasy smoke and everything else Chaos Dwarfs like so much :smiley:

A little bit like this but bigger and angrier :slight_smile:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3392&page=14

Steve D:

Im using this bad boy for the time being:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/KHORNE-DAEMON-PRINCE-AND-HERALD.html

Nicodemus:

I think FW have told everyone to use the Arachnarok Spider base.

lostmember
Good gravy, 100x150!! That's big.

gIL^:

Im using this bad boy for the time being:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/KHORNE-DAEMON-PRINCE-AND-HERALD.html

Steve D
Really tempted to use that, Im thinking of making a khorne CD army. But it's far to nice/expensive to chop up

cornixt:

I might use the Iron Daemon, with a few removable conversion pieces.

Time of Madness:

Anyone know how big the “large” D&D Fire elemental is?

Thinking about using the large one as the destoryer and the medium ones as fireborn.

LARGE ONE

MEDIUM ONE

Time of Madness

wallacer:

I know a guy who has that.  From memory I think it’s about 5" high.

klemanius:

Where the hell am I supposed to get an Araknarok base? As far as I’m aware the largest base they sell individually is the screaming bell base?

Time of Madness:

Where the hell am I supposed to get an Araknarok base? As far as I'm aware the largest base they sell individually is the screaming bell base?

klemanius
They are on e-bay all the time for 99 cents. Check this auction out.

CLICK ME

Time of Madness

wallacer:

Where the hell am I supposed to get an Araknarok base?

klemanius
I'm getting one cut out of 3mm MDF.

cornixt:

Plastic card is pretty easy to cut to size too.