[Archive] Base size **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

tjub:

Is there any specific base size for the Hell Cannon?

furrie:

It doesn’t come with a base, but I could check on what base it would fit when I’m home

Thommy H:

Nope, no base. I think there is provisionin the rules for monsters without bases, but I could be wrong. It fits quite nicely on a 100x80mm regiment base anyway.

cornixt:

I measured it at 80mm square a while back

tjub:

Ok, Im planing to build my own thats why I ask. Haven’t played the 8th ed yet, or much at all for the last few years. Would there be any problems if the base got too big? My idea might be hard to fit on a chariot base, if that is 80x100.

burock:

Ok, Im planing to build my own thats why I ask. Haven't played the 8th ed yet, or much at all for the last few years. Would there be any problems if the base got too big? My idea might be hard to fit on a chariot base, if that is 80x100.

tjub
Avian has info on that straight from GW. it is 80x100 mm.

furrie:

Ok, Im planing to build my own thats why I ask. Haven't played the 8th ed yet, or much at all for the last few years. Would there be any problems if the base got too big? My idea might be hard to fit on a chariot base, if that is 80x100.

tjub
A chariot base is 50X100 mm

tjub:

Ah, okay… Thanks! :slight_smile:

tjub:

tjub

burock
Uh, don't know if Im just stupid, or did you mean 60x100? But can't find the right base...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat470008a&rootCatGameStyle=

Bassman:

tjub
Do you rulewise? I do not think it's a problem as a larger base is normally a disadvantage.
Do not make it huge or would be a problem to deploy ;)

Thommy H:

It’s the standard movement tray size - big enough for a 4 x 5 unit of 20mm based models. So you could either cut it out of the modular kit or find an old GW movement tray and fill it in a bit (which is what I did for my Hellcannon).

burock:

tjub

burock
Uh, don't know if Im just stupid, or did you mean 60x100? But can't find the right base...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat470008a&rootCatGameStyle=

tjub
you can modify a movement tray as Thommy H suggested or build one. 3mm thick balsa would do the trick or example.

cornixt:

Two layers of card work well, and are easy to cut. Having two layers glued together makes it unlikely to warp.

ryanamandaanna:

I ended up gluing together 4 40mm bases to make it 80mm square…

Castellan:

You could put it on a base, but the set doesn’t come with it. Just a question: why would you want to put in on a base?

-Castellan

ryanamandaanna:

it helps to know frontage for things such as how many enemy models can attack you, etc, etc.

Thommy H:

Plus it looks nicer.

Nicodemus:

Plus it looks nicer.

Thommy H
Yeup!! For me this is pretty much the only reason, personally, that I'd put the effort into making one. Size for attacking units is a bonus I guess, but wouldn't be my first thought when considering such an undertaking.

~N

tjub:

You could put it on a base, but the set doesn't come with it. Just a question: why would you want to put in on a base?

-Castellan

Castellan
The reason for the base in my case is because the conversion would need it and IMO it looks better as well. :)