[Archive] Basic Dispel Dice - Indy GT

KramDratta:

Hi all,

Can someone pls tell me where I can find the no of basic dispel dice ? Is it 2 or 4 ? A page/link would be appreciated, as I can’t seem to find it in the PDF (need a pair of DaemonEyes)

Cheers

snowblizz:

None of the army books say how many dispel dice you get. The main rulebook does. Everyone gets 2 unless you are Dwarfs and you get 4.

Dwarfs of Chaos are not Dwarfs and would get 2 like al other armies in the game.

KramDratta:

Thanks for clearing that up.

Cheers

Da Crusha:

Dwarfs of Chaos are not Dwarfs and would get 2 like al other armies in the game.

snowblizz
well that can probably be argued, since we are using dwarfs be it chaos or not. the rule says that dwarfs are an innately magic-resistant race and that is why they get 4 dispel dice. I think dwarfs of chaos are still dwarfs. but now that this has been brought up I wonder how people feel about using that 4 dispel dice for the Ravening hordes list...

Ive started a poll at warseer
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237508

Border Reiver:

That debate has been done to death here.

Prior to the final version Dwarfs of Chaos they did, but the final version they lost that ability.

Da Crusha:

Prior to the final version Dwarfs of Chaos they did, but the final version they lost that ability.

Border Reiver
but what about the RH Chaos dwarfs?

Thommy H:

Also done to death. And done to death again. And dug up, propped up in the dock and done a third time. Then a fourth just in case. The fifth time, it caused someone to threaten to leave the forum amid accusations of harassment.

So please, for the love of all that is holy, let’s not rehash this again.

snowblizz:

Border Reiver
but what about the RH Chaos dwarfs?

Da Crusha
Like Border Reiver said we've beaten that particular horse to gooey pulp by now. Yes there are exactly two sides to that argument. Privileges of being a fast poster, you get to pretend your version is the correct one. ;P

I really believe though that the idea is that only the "Dwarf army", which lacks spellcasters, is the one rewarded by extra dice.

Let's put it like this, when you are already struggling to be allowed to play an army that a lot of people have scarcely heard about and that has a somewhat dubious official status. Regardless of whether they are justifiable or not, do you REALLY want to try to push for "advantages"?

Da Crusha:

yeah I admit it I was defeated ;P, but it was good battle over at war seer lol

Border Reiver:

What kind of Dwarf (Chaos or otherwise) admits defeat?

On the other hand, resurrect that arguement and you’ve become more of a necromancer…

Da Crusha:

well, I think those guys are just so set in stone that they wont believe we can generate 4 dispel dice RAW. I give a lot of sound arguements why we should but, I dont have enough support. I think cd players are so used to hearing from non cd players that we cant have 4 dispel dice that it becomes there answer without looking up the references and reading it for themselves.

we should stand together and make people believe we have a natural magic resistance!!! we deserve 4 dispel dice!!!

cornixt:

It’s all due to the silly way they put an army-specific rule in the main rulebook, rather than only in the rules for that army. Not only is it awkward to update the magic rules between editions, but it is very confusing. A lot of people thought that Dwarfs no longer got the 4DD in their most recent army update because it wasn’t in their new army book - but it never has been. I can understand people thinking ahead about how certain rules affect certain armies, but to put specific exceptions about an army in the rulebook was just a bad idea.