[Archive] Basing Models

Flaxis:

Masters,

I am looking to sort out some bases, can you tell me if the Forgeworld models, the magma cannon and rockets, also Iron Deamon. Do they fit on the standard chariot base? or will I need make some custom bases for them?

Thanks,
Slave Flaxis

Skink:

Rocket & Magma do fit on the chariot base. The Iron Daemon doesn’t. You can either make your own base or buy a Skaven Screaming Bell one from E-bay or GW’s website!

rpitts2004:

Iron Demon is on the 60x100mm (screaming bell or just make it out of a movement tray)

Magma Cannon and Rocket are on 50x100mm (chariot)

MLP:

If you use/plan to use an Iron Daemon put them all on 60x100mm for continuity. Otherwise they should all for on 50x100mm happilly, except the grumpy Hellcannon who is fat.

Karring:

OK with Iron Daemon but… why do you want to base Rocket or Magma cannon? They are War Machines, they do not need it for gaming purposes.

Discoking:

OK with Iron Daemon but... why do you want to base Rocket or Magma cannon? They are War Machines, they do not need it for gaming purposes.

Karring
Then ignore the base whilst playing... Lol?

Flaxis:

Karring,

The main reason for wanting to base the warmachines is to be able to magnetise the models so I can put it into a metal lined box for transportation.

Slave Flaxis

Karring:

Karring,

The main reason for wanting to base the warmachines is to be able to magnetise the models so I can put it into a metal lined box for transportation.

Slave Flaxis

Flaxis
Ah.... OK, OK, excuse me, then :hat off

rpitts2004:

Karring,

Slave Flaxis

Flaxis
Ah.... OK, OK, excuse me, then :hat off

Karring
I did the same thing, make's it easy to carry around as they don't slide or anything in my case

Bassman:

and they look cooler with some cute basing modelling :wink: