[Archive] Battlerager (WIP)

Grimstonefire:

What some might also call an Iron Golem/ Golem etc.  In my list it’s called a Battlerager.

It is based on a few designs I’ve done, one of which will hopefully appear in a WoH at some point.  It will be in my new pdf I will load at some point in the next 2 weeks.

I know it’s hard to tell at this point if it is suitable for warhammer level technology, but what do you think?

I will take another shot tommorow.  It’s really hot where I am at the moment so I can greenstuff twice as fast.:~

tjub:

What some might also call an Iron Golem/ Golem etc.  In my list it's called a Battlerager.

It is based on a few designs I've done, one of which will hopefully appear in a WoH at some point.  It will be in my new pdf I will load at some point in the next 2 weeks.

I know it's hard to tell at this point if it is suitable for warhammer level technology, but what do you think?

I will take another shot tommorow.  It's really hot where I am at the moment so I can greenstuff twice as fast.:~

Grimstonefire
Hmm, hard to tell since I have no idea what its supposed to look like when finished...

Kera foehunter:

look great !! grims love the beard !! even Dr Frankenstein tried to make his monster look human

Grimstonefire:

That isn’t a beard, it’s his face! :)  For my pdf I may do some alternate versions by blue-tacking on some additional bits to represent the upgrades.  One of them is an additional attack, so that would be the place to add a beard of chains with spiky bits on the ends.

It will not look drastically different when it’s finished.  I will add quite a few more pistons; there will be (in total) 4 per leg and 3 per shoulder.

I’ve made 2 chimneys, but I think I need to increase to 4.

He will have flat iron/ bronze horns and a very blank face.  In this version I decided not to go down the baroque route, so the basic shapes will be highly practical (as you’d expect from something off a factory line).

The stomach area is the hard bit for me to visualise…  That part will be daemonic style cogs a bit like the hellcannon.  In my concept art that part glows from the inside, hence the ribs.

The head didn’t come out right, so I chopped a fair bit off.

tjub:

Well, it sure sounds cool so I guess Ill have to wait and see… :slight_smile:

Astranagant:

So I’m guessing that upon completion, those who don’t wish to put the amount of work in that you’re doing should just go ahead and buy a warjack?

Kera foehunter:

im sorry grims !!! for the stomach grims i find a old pocket watch at a second hand store

and take the gears out for his stomach!! just an idea

Willmark:

Looks like a good start. I wills ay this however make sure that it doesn’t look to futuristic, more “old school” mechanics are needed to make it look fantasy, otherwise it becomes a tau suit.

Grimstonefire:

An update.

[attachment=1459]

Pyro Stick:

Looking good. Although its starting to look overly futuristic but i guess that kind of impossible to avoid considering what it is that you are trying to sculpt. I guess you will just have to make it look less futuristic with the paint job (paint things black to make it look like its carved out of obsidian or soemthing).

clam:

Yeah, it might look a bitfuturistic - but I like your high tech approch on our race a lot. It’s looking great, man :hat off

But should I have to come with a little critism - it would be about the arms! Think the are slight to long. The ‘elbows’ seems very low - and I think the model could benefit from a slightly shorter upperarm (and perhaps forearm, but cant really see those) . But that could just be me, the angles the pictures were taken from or…

GeOrc’s take at the BattleRager have always been one of my favorite ‘Chaos Dwarf’ models - so I’m really looking forward to see your take on it - so I expect great things from you here :wink: like always

Cheers :cheers

Patsy02:

Sculpting and concept is great, but it doesn’t look very warhammer-esque. Looks like it fits better in Warmachine imo.

Grimstonefire:

I’ve tried to stick to the archetypal ‘big guy’, with a comparatively big upper body, short legs, small head and overly long arms. I agree the tech level is a bit of an issue. I’ll complete this guy and see how it comes out.

Kera foehunter:

i think he need a big motor on his back !! to get it more steam punk

Grimstonefire:

Another update.

Kera foehunter:

that look great so is his name going to be t4??

i love the skellie idea there… it give the golem a human touch the way he looks at the skellie

Grimstonefire:

Lol. T4 as in based on terminator? He was supposed to look angry at the skellie, not really like it’s a pet (though that would be funny). :slight_smile:

tjub:

It was a bit hard to imagine the finished piece from the first pics, but this look great! I especially like the hands…

Perturabo:

It’s looking pretty cool. I have an image in my head of him picking up a soldier, and all the flesh charring off the poor bloke. Heat from his furnace or daemonic power source I suppose.

wallacer:

At the moment it looks like one of the robots they used to have in 40k.

Be interested to see it when it’s completed.