[Archive] Beardage!

n00bLord:

Finally got my big shipment of GS in today, and well the dwarfs have been filed down and chopped up slightly I am ready for some bearding and the like, all help would be nice

along with scultpting hats and trinkets.

Xander:

My tip for beards is you need less GS than you think. Small rolls, small space between each indent. Small small small. :slight_smile:

n00bLord:

I have made two models their beards, one I messed up when it was still not dry and now his beard looks funny, the other one is when I figured out a nice way to do them, funny thing was that was the last beard part I did. For him although his beard looks armored…

Edit: Decided to cut off the existing beards and start from scratch again, as I would get a better effect.

Xander:

After doing over 25 Beards already, you will find that you will eventually refine your technique. When I first started, I made beards too thick… but now I am at a pretty good place.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’m going to wait a fair amount of time before I start trying this. (P.S. OT: Nice avatar Mr. Xander!)

Xander:

For my contest entries I am actually enjoying the process even more. I made six then rolls for a BFSP beard. It’s layered, and looks nice. Much better than my other beards.

This is one of the reasons I love Chaos Dwarfs, they push your abilities and force you to take some leaps. Even with painting… thanks to red… grr…

n00bLord:

I have one fully converted dwarf who is the champion of the BFSP dwarf warriors basically completely green, ill try to get some pics up soon, but no batteries can be found. The beards so far are a little thick, but for him its not really a matter, for the lesser warriors they need thinner beards. In my eyes. Mind you my conversion looks some what persian esque. Cloth wrapped hat with a spike, a strange twisted hammer looks cool, a mask and everything. Scale male is kinda tough for me although. Ill see if I can get him up soon, and thanks for the comments.

Xander:

I look forward to the pics!

MuffinMan:

Yes lets get some pics! (I probably shouldn’t say that due to I dont have any converted models):slight_smile:

:hat off~MM