[Archive] Berserkers and Chaos Dwarfs

Auretious Taak:

Immortals? What are you talking about Ghrask?

Ghrask Dragh:

Immortals appeared in one of Gav Thorpe’s books, Grudgebearer, in which I think it’s Dwarfs who fight Chaos Dwarfs. I think there were 2 new units born from that book -

Immortals, who were basically heavily armoured CDs and the Kollosus, a monstrous construction that Xander has modelled somewhere on this site.

I haven’t actually read the books but I’m pretty sure I got that right. :~

:cheers

Obsidian:

I completely agree with Cornixt.

Anyone who toys around with Chaos is bound to get touched at one time. Although resistent to the warping influences they are by all means not immune to it!

The comparement with Slayers is easily made but why?! Because the few pics/models that were made in the third edition tend to be naked? They also had mutations, I don’t see those on Slayers!

I DO see them as part of the Chaos Dwarfs race/army. Outcasts from regular society maybe, but they would also have their use in battle and surely the Chaos Dwarf commanders would see that! Either as cheap cannon fodder, or as a more powerful unit that can’t hold up important enemy, or simply as a blunt weapon thrown into places where desperate fighting is needed and where other ‘sane’ troopers would fail!

Just my two �,� cent. :cheers:

Grimstonefire:

I refrained from discussing the rules/ fluff behind my version of Berserkers, as I wanted to see what people thought generally.  

Seems the main reasons why not based on current fluff (which will be re-written), and copying the Slayers (unneccessary).

My version is only one example of how you can bend fluff and rules to fit them in if you want them.

In my fluff the only similarity to slayers is the fact that they’re psychotic and only wear trousers. ;)  Rules wise they are completely different, appearing like miners (plus a couple of other rules).  Fluffwise they are true berserkers, crazy all the time (unlike slayers).  Also unlike slayers, in my fluff they exist 99% of the time in a different plain of existance (realm of chaos)!  How’s that for different?

Fluff and rules wise if you just copied the Slayers straight into the list it would be bad.

Good to have feedback on the skirmishing, that rules out that uber unit as there’s no way I could do them without being too similar to my other unit.