[Archive] Best alternative Hobgoblins out there?

Aman:

No, I don’t want conversions, thanks.

The original book describes them as taller, thin and sneaky looking. Who out there is making miniatures that are closest to the 5th ed. Hobgoblins?

They should have longer faces, be taller than GW goblins (about man-sized) and have primitive clothing / weapons.

They shouldn’t be LOTR style 25mm thin.

Naagruz:

See THIS post for a good description of available ranges.

If there were a dead-solid alternate for the Perry models, I think they would have our business. :wink:

khedyarl:

For your parameters, your best bet is probably the Heresy range of goblins:

Goblin Archer 16 Figure Unit Deal [GOBLINDEAL1] - £40.00 : Heresy Miniatures: , The best miniatures that you never heard of!

It would mean you’d need to either arm them with bows, or give them the old snip-snip, though (and the last option seems to be out, given your post)

MLP:

Thommy H posted today about the new goblins being released by Mantic which should suit your needs.

Kronosv13:

Here’s an idea i posted on Ianc’s blog, it was an old idea i was toying with for my army, but never got roufn to using it, as i sustitued hobgoblins in my army for units of blinded human slaves, using converted ghouls.

“40k gretchin, you get ten in a pack, 5 I believe with a hand weapon and pistol and 5 with a holding a large pistol. Cut off the pistols from the ones with a hand weapon and add shields, and the ones holding a large pistol, simply add a spear tip, or any suitable bit to make a small, goblin made blunderbuss which acts like a bow in games. Think it would be quite suitable, just an idea I had some time ago but never got the ball rolling on…”

Naagruz:

Thommy H posted today about the new goblins being released by Mantic which should suit your needs.

MLP
They look short. Not really short for WFB 5.0 stats, but still short.

Far2Casual:

I support the idea of the future Mantic gobbos.

Abyssal Dwarves are quite a bit taller than GW’s Dwarves (especially the HellCannon crew for example), so with a bit of luck their Gobbos will be taller than GW’s (and to me it look like it if you make the comparison with base/height). Their look is perfect for hobgoblins I’d say, sneaky and vicious !

http://www.manticblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Goblin-Spitters.jpg

Far2Casual:

I support the idea of the future Mantic gobbos.

Abyssal Dwarves are quite a bit taller than GW’s Dwarves (especially the HellCannon crew for example), so with a bit of luck their Gobbos will be taller than GW’s (and to me it look like it if you make the comparison with base/height). Their look is perfect for hobgoblins I’d say, sneaky and vicious !

http://www.manticblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Goblin-Spitters.jpg

labrat:

Our Hobgoblins are man sized in relation to the WHFB universe.

I am waiting for the production moulds on the Hobgoblin archers to be finished before I post pics-

Gil’s partner will have our new website up in the next week or so- so hopefully we can have more pictures available soon.

The Chieftain is available now at Gorgon-studios.com

More on the way!

www.hodaggames.com

Thommy H:

They’re shorter than humans - more stooped. Honestly, at 28mm scale, does it matter that much that they’re the few millimetres out that make them closer to Goblin-sized than human-sized?

labrat:

Our Hobgoblins are man sized in relation to the WHFB universe.

I am waiting for the production moulds on the Hobgoblin archers to be finished before I post pics-

Gil’s partner will have our new website up in the next week or so- so hopefully we can have more pictures available soon.

The Chieftain is available now at Gorgon-studios.com

More on the way!

www.hodaggames.com

Thommy H:

They’re shorter than humans - more stooped. Honestly, at 28mm scale, does it matter that much that they’re the few millimetres out that make them closer to Goblin-sized than human-sized?