Hobgoblin Hero + Heavy Armor + Shield                       46

Core: 10 Chaos Dwarves + Command                                    120

10 Chaos Dwarves + Command + Great Axe                    140

10 Chaos Dwarves + Command + Blunderbuss’                 150

2X 20 Hobgoblins + Light Armor + Shields                         160

20 Hobgoblins + Light Armor + Bows                                120

10 Hobgoblins + Wolves + Light Armor                             130

Total: 997

That is from one box. I am probably going to buy another box, and a box of Dire Wolves (and the Miners from BfSP) to use as Centaurs. This would be my 3k (from just one more box!:cheers)

Lords: Chaos Dwarf Lord + Obsidian Blade + Armor of Gazrakh + Great Taurus                                                                           450

Heroes: Chaos Dwarf Hero + Black Hammer + Heavy Armor + Shield 111

Bull Centaur Hero + Armor of the Furnace + Shield + Great Weapon                                                                              151

Hobgoblin Hero + Heavy Armor + Shield + Gauntlets       66

Core: 20 Chaos Dwarves + Command                                    240

10 Chaos Swarves + Command + Axes + Slave Banner  190

20 Chaos Dwarves + Command + Blunderbuss’            300

X4 20 Hobgoblins + Command + Light Armor + Shield        480

X2 20 Hobgoblins + Light Armor + Bows                          300

X2 10 Hobgoblins + Command + Light Armor + Wolves       320

Special: Death Rocket                                                         80

Rare: 10 Bull Centaurs + Heavy Armor                                  210

Earthshaker                                                            110

total: 3008

Viskar Zhragoth:

Sounds awesome, have you been playing games with them?

How is it going?

al-hashut:

What are you going to use to represent the Taurus and the Shaker?

Good to see a cheap army to make. If they’ve been tested, how have the 10 man dwarf units faired? do they have to work in tandem to be effective?

FifthWindLegion:

What are you going to use to represent the Taurus and the Shaker?

Good to see a cheap army to make. If they've been tested, how have the 10 man dwarf units faired? do they have to work in tandem to be effective?

al-hashut
the Shaker will be the Cannon, just converted a bit.

The Taurus, I have already made. Being that I wanted to mak3e everything from BfSP, (Except the Wolves), I trimmmed the Slayer and stuck him on the Grudge Pony on a large base.:) I am probably going to add a flying stand as well.

From what I have done (against a unit of 16 Dwarves), they held out pretty well. Everything was on a 4, and even when I lost combat my Ld was high enough for me to stay.
How is it going?

Viskar Zhragoth
Now, post-game (and after he left, same battle as above), I realized we had done a few things wrong, mostly pertraining to combat and armor saves, aka, I got a worsesave than I deserved because I  (I'm still a Fantasy noob) did not know that after the +1 to shields, having a hand weapon grants an additional +1, giving me a 3+ instead of a 4+, and some stuff about Challenges (my Lord against his) was screwed up as well.

Anyway, I was Massacred. Spider Riders were ripped up by the Handgunners before they reached combat (This was Mighty Empires, so I had to set up before him due to the Scouts bonus he chose), and both my banners were stolen. One of my Dwarves units had their entire rank taken away due to a horrible roll of 4 "2"'s.

This battle was 500 points, with two units of regular Chaos Dwarves, my Lord, and the unit of Spider Riders.

cornixt:

Massacres are pretty common at 500pts. I’d suggest making your dwarf units bigger. 10 is far too small to absorb the damage long enough for you to fight back

FifthWindLegion:

Massacres are pretty common at 500pts.  I'd suggest making your dwarf units bigger.  10 is far too small to absorb the damage long enough for you to fight back

cornixt
At the 1k level, I don't hink I would be able to because with one box, I try to retain a sense of WYSIWYG, but I could if I take out the hobgobilns. Once I start digging into the second box, I can double up, yes.

I'll change that in the list above.

Viskar Zhragoth:

Yeah, always remember to add that save bonus, it can have a huge effect on your units…

Also, I agree to double up your block as soon as you can, but don’t be put off by the massacre, taht is how things tend to work at 500 pts.

VZ

Xander:

Miner plastics ftw.

Also focus on getting some warmachines! Lots of bolt throwers!

FifthWindLegion:

Also focus on getting some warmachines!  Lots of bolt throwers!

Xander
Once I figure out a cheap way, maybe from BfSP (The Grudge Pony trailer-thing maybe?), I will have throwers, escpecially since I have only one Special Choice right now.

Ubertechie:

Bolt throwers can usually be got on ebay really cheaply

item number - 330237029523 it has no crew but for £4.00 inc postage its a bargain

furrie:

Also focus on getting some warmachines! Lots of bolt throwers!

Xander
Once I figure out a cheap way, maybe from BfSP (The Grudge Pony trailer-thing maybe?), I will have throwers, escpecially since I have only one Special Choice right now.

FifthWindLegion
It is possible to make a bolttrower from the trailer-thing, I will post a photo of mine.
sorry for the dubble post again, but here is my bolttrower made using the trailer thingy:

superfella:

dude… that looks awesome!

kudos to you!

furrie:

thanks, I’m just doing my best creating a cool looking army and when I saw the trailer of the grudge pony I just saw the bolttrower in my mind.

Canix:

Nice BT there furrie .fifthwindlegion and you could also use the drills from the miners to make BT’s like snotling et all .Thats the first i have seen like this though good stuff:hat

ErikinWest:

Ya combine the 2x 10 units of warriors into 1 unit of either 4x4 or 5x3, and then give the blunderbusses another 5 men. The points should work out.

Cheers,

Erik

puppet gathering:

thats a great bolt thrower by the way, i have also got the bfsp box and am going to buy a second i suggest when you do get the second make 2 bolt throwers

w3rm:

I made a pretty cool death rocket the other day out of an empire mortar the grudge pony carriage and some chains. my cam isnt workin so no pics