[Archive] Big big battle

asheira:

me and sam decided to play a huge game of warhammer with our friends, the gaming room was COVERED in modles…

never play a 30,000 on 15000 point game (total for each team {chaos was bigger})

my army team was a combo of all the chaos gods vs EVERY GOOD ALLIGNED ARMY.

we’ve decided to hold off till tomarrow to acctualy start, but we set it all up now.

not to explain the gaming room to you, the Table was taken out of the room, as well ass the chairs. Alex (the guy who own’s said room) pulled out a bunch of boards carves and set up with terrain, such as hills and rivers built in (they look nice) and almost covered the entire floor. then he placed all the other terrain on them, forrests, villages and whatnot.

Alex has been working on this game for about 2 years, it is the a small selection of a massive Chaos push. the senario os basicly, how long can they hold us back!

we’re using the hordes/beasts of chaos rules for this, not the daemons of warriors books, though something that suprized me, the only reason i’m posting this is, of the 5 of my partners, all but 1 had DOW Dwarfs as a rare unit and every one used the hell cannon. One of the players was even using the old CD Warrior as the unit, (big hats ftw)

Nicodemus:

me and sam decided to play a huge game of warhammer with our friends, the gaming room  was COVERED in modles....

never play a 30,000 on 15000 point game (total for each team {chaos was bigger})
my army team was a combo of all the chaos gods vs EVERY GOOD ALLIGNED ARMY.

asheira
Sounds totally epic.. any chance you'll be able to post some pictures and/or a session report? I'd love to be able to live vicariously through you guys :hat off

Zanko:

I love those battles! :cheers

My best Warhammer memory was a huge battle (4th or 5th edition) with 40.000 points of Chaos, Undead and Skaven against about 35.000 points of pure Chaos. At the fronts of the big table were stationed High Elves ~8.000 points) on the one and my Dwarfs (5.000 points) on the other side - they fought against both evil armies!

The game lasted to 2 days and we had much fun! And some of the most curious events ever seen (in a battle) happened! :stuck_out_tongue:

So enjoy your game! And make many, many pics - we sadly didn’t do that … it was the time without any affordable Digital Cameras! :frowning:

:hashut