[Archive] Big'Uns legal?

Piccolo:

So I’m probably going to play a 2k game next week against empire and i was planning on including some orcs in the list. I’m using the ravening hordes list.

So here’s the problem. I’ve been looking at the rules and the orc entries in the ravening hordes list and the current O&G army book differ. In ravening hordes big’uns were a separate entry while in the current O&G armybook they are an upgrade to orc boyz. So obviously when the ravening hordes list was written it was not intended for chaos dwarf lists to have access to big’uns. So is it legal now to take big’uns upgrades for orc boyz or not?

Groznit Goregut:

If Ravening Hordes for CD say “see OnG rulebook”…then you look at the latest rulebook. Seems like you can have one Big 'Un unit. I’d go for Savages, if you can.

Piccolo:

If Ravening Hordes for CD say "see OnG rulebook"....then you look at the latest rulebook.  Seems like you can have one Big 'Un unit.  I'd go for Savages, if you can.

Groznit Goregut
well actually it says "see the entries in the Orcs & Goblins list" which was referring to the ravening hordes list, not the current rulebook, hence my question (in the O&G Rh list upgrading orc boyz to big'uns was not an option).

zhatan87:

An old White dwarf precised that you could take orcs warriors, orcs big uns, orcs arrers, goblins and black orcs.

Thommy H:

Yep: you use the entries in whatever the current version of the Orcs & Goblins rules are. This means you get access Big 'Uns and Nasty Skulkers.

cornixt:

I’ll refer you to our errata:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7993

There are a couple of small unofficial bits in there to allow for 8th, but Big 'Uns have always been officially allowed.

Piccolo:

An old White dwarf precised that you could take orcs warriors, orcs big uns, orcs arrers, goblins and black orcs.

zhatan87
oh yea, i just came across that info myself. It says it was US white dwarf #250. So would that be UK WD #251 or #249 ? I'm not sure if the UK numbering of WD is 1 behind or 1 ahead of US.

Thommy H:

It’s in 251.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Piccolo:

k, thx for all the replies :hat off