[Archive] Black Hammer of Hashut Great weapon or not

Wolf :

Hi all,

Just a rule clarification, is the Black Hammer of Hashut classed as a great weapon.

I’ve been playing it on that basis however, the rule book for great weapons states “great hammer” not hammer.

Thoughts?

Admiral:

It’s not a great weapon. It gives you a GW’s advantage without any drawbacks. It also work wonders in combination with Ashstorm. Test it against an Ogre Tyrant. :slight_smile:

Wolf :

Thanks Admiral for the swift response, so in theory I could give my Dark Castellan the Faithless Charm. Giving him the always strikes first and killing blow in conjunction with the black hammer.

Dark Elf players watch out.

Admiral:

Thanks Admiral for the swift response, so in theory I could give my Dark Castellan the Faithless Charm.  Giving him the always strikes first and killing blow in conjunction with the black hammer.

Dark Elf players watch out.

Wolf
Nice! But wouldn't Dark Elves with the new book also have ASF, and better initiative than your DC to boot? Killing blow would still be killing blow, of course.

I'm a lost novice in rules questions, but the BHoH and Ashstorm combo I know at least. And the K'daai and Sorcerer's curse rules, because you have to explain them to every opponent before battle. :P

Wolf :

Admiral, I’ve played plenty of Dark Elf players and they always seem to forget that the rules actually state:

“models with the same rule strike simultaneously and do not benefit from the re-rolls”.

The initiative relates to the re-rolls.

Admiral:

Ah, nice to know. Thanks!

ThorAxe:

Do note that items like the faithless charm and others from the monstrous arcanum book are only usable in games where monstrous bindings are used (storm of magic usually) or when agreed upon between players.

Bloodbeard:

They hammer is absolutely great. Especially conpared to that ogre weapon from the core book. More expensive and without the special rules.

I love the hammer.

@Wolf: thanks for that. Never would have thought of that. And I play many elfs.

Wolf :

Do note that items like the faithless charm and others from the monstrous arcanum book are only usable in games where monstrous bindings are used (storm of magic usually) or when agreed upon between players.

ThorAxe
@ThorAxe: Good point well noted.

To be honest I find this a little disappointing. I do believe these items would be a great addition to the existing batch of magic items available within the Warhammer Rule Book.

:hat off