[Archive] Black Raiders of Uzkulak (KoW)

Miasma:

Right then, I have had a few games of Age of Sigmar and I am not a fan, as a result of this myself and a few friends will be playing 5th Edition and 8th Edition for casual play. There is a relatively large group of us (9) who all want to take part in Tournaments within the local area which lead us to look for a new gaming system to get our competitive fix.

This means that we needed to find a new system that we could play as from what I can see Age of Sigmar is not a game that adapts well to competitive gaming, this has lead us to start experimenting with Kings of War from Mantic and obviously for me the Abyssal Dwarfs.

So I have been looking at my Chaos Dwarfs over the past few days and have come up with the following army list which I can make with a couple of unit fillers here and there and maybe 2-3 purchases on Ebay.

Total Roster Cost: 1800 Points (Translates to roughly 2400 Points of 8th Edition)

Heroes

Overmaster on Great Abyssal �?" 370 pts

Da Boomstick

Army Standard Bearer �?" 60 pts

Enscrolled Armour

Abyssal Halfbreed Champion �?" 180 pts

Darklords Onyx Ring

Iron Caster �?" 115 pts

Crepognon�?Ts Scrying Gem of Zellek

Solid Units

Blacksouls Horde (40)�?" 260 pts

Banner, Musician, Two Handed Weapons, Brew of Strength  

Abyssal Halfbreed Regiment (10) �?" 220 pts

Banner, Musician, Helm of Confidence

Decimator Regiment (20) �?" 185 pts

Banner, Musician, Piercing Arrow

Decimators Regiment (20)- 180 pts

Banner, Musician, Fire Oil

War Engines

Angkor Heavy Mortar �?" 90 pts

Katsuchan Rocket Launcher �?" 70 pts

Katsuchan Rocket Launcher �?" 70 pts

For those of you wondering these are the GW Models in the same order

Prophet on Taurus

Battle Standard Bearer (Duh)

Bull Centaur Hero

Sorcerer Prophet

40 GW Chaos Dwarfs

10 Bull Centuars

20 Blunderbuss

20 Blunderbuss

Hell Cannon

Rocket Launcher

Rocket Launcher

So I need to purchase:

Rocket Launcher

Bull Centaur

Need to Build

5 Unit Fillers (40*40)

I am fairly certain that this project will not stall due to the fact that the first tournament that we are aiming to enter is at the beginning of September and I would love to attend with a fully painted and based army (same theme as my previous PLog) at the moment all of the miniatures are being stripped of paint outside so I shall start by creating the Unit Fillers from the Arcane Ruins set that I picked up cheap on Ebay (along with some other terrain)

Dînadan:

Just one question - are you using the 1st ed KoW rules, as under 2nd ed this list is no longer legal. In second ed each regiment let’s you take one hero OR monster OR warmachine and each horde let’s you take one of each, so with one horde and three regiments you can take all four heroes and one war machine for example, but not the four heros and three war machines you have listed.

Miasma:

Just one question - are you using the 1st ed KoW rules, as under 2nd ed this list is no longer legal. In second ed each regiment let's you take one hero OR monster OR warmachine and each horde let's you take one of each, so with one horde and three regiments you can take all four heroes and one war machine for example, but not the four heros and three war machines you have listed.

Dînadan
Ah Balls, missed that

Fuggit Khan:

Have you considered adding some allies to your list (either 1st or 2nd edition)?

Goblin allies added can easily be considered Hobgoblins. I know that not everyone likes the green skin factor in a Dawi Zharr army…but I think it makes for a fun game with a bit of troop variety.

From the games I’ve played over the past year, I can say always take the Angkor Heavy Mortar, I love it :hat off

Miasma:

Have you considered adding some allies to your list (either 1st or 2nd edition)?
Goblin allies added can easily be considered Hobgoblins. I know that not everyone likes the green skin factor in a Dawi Zharr army...but I think it makes for a fun game with a bit of troop variety.
From the games I've played over the past year, I can say always take the Angkor Heavy Mortar, I love it :hat off

Fuggit Khan
I will be looking to add some in the future yes, although at the moment I do not own any of the Hobgoblins so will be a pure Dawi Zharr force for the time being.