[Archive] Blackheart's work in progress

Blackheart:

Here’s some of my work in progress chaos dwarfs, they are far from finished but it would be nice to have a second opinion :slight_smile:

Kered:

Great work, I love the elaborate design on the big hat’s the main thing I would suggest is to get rid of the mold lines on the metal pieces on the top of the hats it woul be a shame to have such great hats ruined by such a simple thing.

Time of Madness:

Great start here! Looking forward to seeing this army progress (have you thought about starting a blog).

I love the extra piece on top of the hats.

Time of Madness

tjub:

I like it, especially your axes! :slight_smile:

Blackheart:

Thx for your opinions!

Kered: Ill get right on it!  

Time of Madness: Never thought about starting a blog, should I?^^

tjub: It’s Morglum Necksnappers old axes from my old orc army :wink: Thought they would fit just right!

Im starting to try out some colour themes for my dwarfs, any suggestions?

I having a hard time to decide how to paint the top of the hat…

Nicodemus:

May I ask how you produced your axes? They look fantastic… or at least compared to anything I’ve been able to turn out they look fantastic. Is there a particular technique or trick for making them?

I second the call for a blog on your progress!

~N

Loki:

These are some very cool looking big hats, well worth some slaves :slight_smile: Really looking forward to seeing more of your work and seeing these guys painted :hat off

Blackheart:

May I ask how you produced your axes?  They look fantastic... or at least compared to anything I've been able to turn out they look fantastic. Is there a particular technique or trick for making them?

I second the call for a blog on your progress!

~N

NIcodemus
I made pressmolds from a two part compound used by dentists, in swedish it's called "Alginat". I can post some pictures of the mold later when i get my hands on a camera but its nothing special...