[Archive] Blazing Body question

KingFisher:

Given the blazing body rule listed here:

http://i.imgur.com/fWnQF.jpg

It the rule exactly the same for the K’daai Fireborn or K’daai destroyer?

This would mean a unit of Fireborn would all be hitting each other with the Blazing body hits at the start of ever round of close combat?

Would this also mean any enemy model in base contact with 2 fireborn would take 2 blazing body hits?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I imagine they are immune to Flaming Attacks or some such - it may specify any non K’daai model.

If it is in contact with two, it would take two hits - again, unless it says “each model in contact with one or more” or “each model in contact with a unit of”.

bas_2312:

The rule says “any model except other K’daai”. So they can’t hurt eachother.

I’m not sure about the last question though.

Time of Madness:

As bas_2312 stated other K’daai in base contact do not take hits.

If an enemy unit is in contact with a unit of 2 K’daai they would only take 2 blazing body hits and then 2 stomp hits at the end. Worth mentioning K’daai units are 3+ minimum.

And yes the rules are the same for the destoryer/fireborn. They have the same bestiary entry. The destroyer has some additional rules however. Terror rather then fear, large target (no idea why this is there), frenzy, +d3 attacks each turn.

Hope this helps.

Time of Madness

Thommy H:

large target (no idea why this is there)
Because it's large?

Time of Madness:

Actually when I made that comment I forgot that there were actual rules for large targets, even though you no longer get the +1 to hit when shooting. If I remember correctly they can’t use cover as they are considered to large.

Time of Madness

Thommy H:

Yeah, that’s actually all it is, unless he’s the General or being ridden by the General. It’s a pretty nothing rule, really, but it’s standard for any Monster with 5 or more Wounds, so it would be weird if the Destroyer didn’t have it.