[Archive] BLOOD ANGELS HERE!

Forgefire:

You should post it here Loki! :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I agree, Loki, you should post the broken things that you remember in here.

I took a look at the advance orders last night and saw the models on the website and, frankly, it’s just even more space marines, which bored me. The one model I liked even slightly was because he looks as though he’s supposed to be a Khornate special character: giant axe, sinew/muscle-looking armour, angry face etc…

Loki:

Ok i can only remember a few as it was late last night but here we go, you can have 7 dreadnoughts in the army some as elite a death company one as core and some as heavy support, the baal preadtor is a fast attack choice, the Sanguinary priests have a blood chalice thing that gives every unit in 6 " feel no pain, the character Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost if he takes a wound its states for strength toughness and some other ones (sorry cant remember) are increased to 5 , Chapter Master Gabriel Seth is strength 8 has furious charge and can do a special whirlwind of gore attack where he gives up his standard 4 attacks to make an attack for every model in base contact so if you have him on a terminator size base and get him in big unit thatďż˝?Ts going to be allot and all these attacks are also at strength 8.

It you think what you have heard so far is a little broken i have of coursed save the most broken thing to last, you can upgrade a Furioso Dreadnought to be a Librarian so thatďż˝?Ts a librarian dreadnought which has access to all the physic powers of the blood angels which includes Wings of Sanguinius which for those that donďż˝?Tt know allows the model to move as if he had a Jump Pack so you now have a flying librarian Furioso Dreadnought and the extra points you have to pay to be able to do this is a mere 50 points x.x

Baggronor:

i also had a read of the army book and can most certainly say that the army is well and trully broken,
Blood Angels? Cheese? Surely not :)
it's just even more space marines, which bored me.
Its amazing how they manage to sustain a game set in a universe supposedly full of hostile enemies when virtually every codex is about space marines. Blue marines, grey marines, wolf marines, red marines, green marines, baddie marines; endless variety if you're 12 years old I guess. I miss the days of Index Astartes in WD, back when they did fluff for fluff's sake and included rules that didn't take up a codex.
I mean their name is Blood ANGELS! They are supposed to descend from heaven, boltguns blazing, making every heretic and chaos worshipper shit bricks!!
I actually like the concepts, I'm just disappointed that they didn't translate well from paper to metal.
so you now have a flying librarian Furioso Dreadnought and the extra points you have to pay to be able to do this is a mere 50 points
lmao. These rules sound like they were written by the core target audience.

Loki:

Continued from post #23

Also forgot, they have land raiders as dedicated transports so in a unit entry where it  says may select a vehicle  from the dedicated transports list you can take a land raider, they do not even appear in the heavy support section if i remember, they also have a sort of thunderhawk light, i cant remember the correct name but it can transport a squad of marines and/or a dreadnought, so can deploy a full squad of 10 men or 5 terminators and a dreadnought i think it has similar armour to land raider as well cant remember what its armed sorry

Hashut’s Blessing:

Wow, they really decided that power CREEP wasn’t good and went for the whole power turbo boost idea. But with armour. A psycher upgrade for 50 points? To a DREADNOUGHT?! That allows it to FLY?!?! After being dropped off by a FLYING LANDRAIDER?!

Wow, those 12 year olds that push 40k into the topspot really do run GW. It’d explain marketing, WD and pricing…

Loki:

Wow, those 12 year olds that push 40k into the topspot really do run GW. It'd explain marketing, WD and pricing....

Hashut's Blessing
So it would seem , you would also be able to put any troops with jump packs in the thunderhawk lite and do a good old air drop so that s a possibility of assault troops, or honour guard or Sanguinary guard or death company dropping in for a nice visit with a dreadnought as a nice chaser.

They should really not let fans of the army write the army books any more its just not fair , not unless they are going to let me write the cd army book :)

Thorne:

Go go strawberry marrines, Damn 40k become lamer and lamer with each passing vanilla strawberry or chocolate marrine codex release damn shame really.

Baggronor:

It all went to pot the moment they lost Andy Chambers and Pete Haines imo.

Damn 40k become lamer and lamer with each passing vanilla strawberry or chocolate marrine codex release
Yup. Just do some other races for crying out loud. Gimme Dark Eldar. And they better not suck. Again.

warh:

It you think what you have heard so far is a little broken i have of coursed save the most broken thing to last, you can upgrade a Furioso Dreadnought to be a Librarian so thatďż˝?Ts a librarian dreadnought which has access to all the physic powers of the blood angels which includes Wings of Sanguinius which for those that donďż˝?Tt know allows the model to move as if he had a Jump Pack so you now have a flying librarian Furioso Dreadnought and the extra points you have to pay to be able to do this is a mere 50 points x.x

Loki
By Sanguinius, a flying dreadnought:o

Disastro:

Just cross your fingers that those nutty game designers stay over on the 40K side, and don’t bastardize our game. We’re going through interesting trends, but our game is still a competition between two skilled players, versus who can draft the harder list. No fantasy Blood Angels, please.

Thommy H:

None of the things you’ve listed are broken at all if you think about them for more than three seconds and don’t completely overreact. This is High Elves with ASF all over again. Just because something feels overpowered doesn’t mean that it is - increasingly, GW are putting things into Codecies and Armies books that change up the way the game is played and seem completely bizarre, but when you actually see them in action, they make sense.

No one is ever going to use Land Raiders with Deep Strike because it means 250 points of your army isn’t even on the table when the game starts and you have no way of knowing when you’ll get to use it. But it’s a cool option if you like the concept of tanks getting recklessly dropped into combat by Thunderhawks (which is what it represents). As for Land Raiders being Dedicated Transports, that actually makes them more limited than as Heavy Support - you have to take an infantry unit to unlock them rather than just being able to take three no matter what. I’d much rather see six Land Raiders in an army that has to contain six Tactical squads to field them than three Land Raiders backed up by two minimal Scout Squads.

You can’t take the Death Company Drednought as Troops unless you take Death Company units to unlock it, so you can’t just go into battle with nothing but Dreadnoughts, and Death Company aren’t scoring, so if you take a minimal amount of them just to get the Dreads, you won’t have any scoring units in your army (vehicles aren’t scoring, remember, even if they’re Troops).

The Sanguinary Priests giving FNP to everything within 6" is only marginally better than the standard Apothecary ability they ought to have anyway. At best, it’s going to affect a couple of other units beside their own.

Seth does an automatic hit on every model in base contact with his Whirlwind of Gore attack, not an attack. That’s actually better, but it’s still not broken because it’s only more powerful than his basic Attacks if he’s in contact with masses of enemy models, and how often is that ever going to happen? He can’t get a jump pack or anything either so he’s probably a worse HQ option than a lot of other stuff in the book.

Finally, the Librarian Dreadnought (“only 50 points extra!”) is on top of the cost of a Furioso, which is about as much as a Venerable Dreadnought without actually being Venerable, and it can only get two psychic powers. Yes, you can make it “fly” (i.e. count as jump infantry) by passing a psychic test, which amounts to sometimes being able to have a 12" move instead of 6" and being able to bounce over terrain. And that’s if you don’t want to use it’s other psychic power that turn.

So, actually, it’s all fine.

Bassman:

I do not play 40k so I will comment only miniatures.

I pretty like the Sanguinary Guard, at least is different from the ordinary boring marines (is it clear I do not like marines? :wink: Wonder why people like so much them, I’d play everything else but marines… lol ).

Being plastic you could convert them easily… maybe wings are a little (euphemism…) over the top but you cannot use them if you like…

Death company is nice.

The Sanguinor and and Astorath, again, are a little over the top but, hey, they are proud, arrogant with to much self estime :wink: marines… so what did you expected? Lol…

How much I’d prefer to have time to start a Guard, Sisters of battle or Ork army… :slight_smile: