[Archive] Bloodcap Gnome Mordheim Warband (or Chaos Gnomes!)

maxxev:

Been working on these for a while now inspired by Kubasa’s brilliant gnomes from 2005, but only recently decided to use them as Chaos Dwarves in a Mordehim Campaign.

Hero & Hencmen

Sorcerer

Henchmen

Latest hero

Got to come up with an idea for a gnome related bull centaur type thing somehow too…

Karring:

Wow… I am laughing but thath conversions are SUPER.

Clap, clap:cheers

maxxev:

Wow... I am laughing but thath conversions are SUPER.

*Clap, clap*:cheers

Karring
Thank you

Here he is with some paint on him;

Karring:

Got to come up with an idea for a gnome related bull centaur type thing somehow too....

maxxev
May be with mushroom or something like that?

furrie:

Got to come up with an idea for a gnome related bull centaur type thing somehow too....

maxxev
mabey a gnome ridding some kind of animal

Thorne:

Have you been looking into my twisted mind again ?

maxxev:

Problem with mounted models is that they have specific rules in mordheim. The bull centaur is really just a fast, large hero, not a mounted model and not a monster (as it can use weapons) which makes it difficult for me to think of any ideas beyond a centaur… :frowning:

Bassman:

Great use of bits here! I love how you used the goblin heads. Great inventive!

The only thing I do not understand is that sort of mace the hero is holding… is it a mace?

maxxev:

Great use of bits here! I love how you used the goblin heads. Great inventive!

The only thing I do not understand is that sort of mace the hero is holding... is it a mace?

Bassman
Yeah, a mace I can convert into a blunderbuss should I ever be able to afford one for him (Mordheim). The source part though is part of an old metal elf's lance.

cornixt:

Those are awesome, have some slaves!

furrie:

Problem with mounted models is that they have specific rules in mordheim. The bull centaur is really just a fast, large hero, not a mounted model and not a monster (as it can use weapons) which makes it difficult for me to think of any ideas beyond a centaur.... :(

maxxev
Mabey you should make him a pigcentaur or dogcentaur then or something like that

Thorne:

Perhaps a Dire rabbit ?

devlanmud:

Those are fantastic! they remind me of John Bauer’s trolls. Really impressive! Looking forward to seeing what else you make.

Kera foehunter:

Good to see you"re still around Max.

And still finding new ideas

maxxev:

Those are fantastic! they remind me of John Bauer's trolls. Really impressive! Looking forward to seeing what else you make.

devlanmud
Lots of stuff in my blog, from Fantasy humans made out of imperial guard and some undead conversions all the way through to Terrortoises, Gnobgoblins and fishmen :).
Good to see you"re still around Max.
And still finding new ideas

Kera foehunter
Yep, still around, still haven't finished anything and I hope to hell I never run out!

Thorin:

Fantastic, looks really nice. GJ!

maxxev:

I had a moment of madness last night / this morning… I should really have been finishing the three terrortoise paintjobs but instead I decided to chop up an £8 model…

The resulting madness however i’m pretty happy with :).

The Deathcap, leader of my gnome warband, any min now he’s going to realise some bugger has stolen the head of his weapon right out from under his nose…

Conversion uses the Avatars of War Chaos Dwarf Hero type metal figure, and OOP GW Night goblin head / hood and some GS.

I was going for an executioner type hood look, which is kind of what I’ve got… he needs a bit more putty on the left hand side where I managed to cut a little too much off when shaving a bit of excess dried putty off :(.

I wanted to do an armoured gnome for the warband’s leader in MODheim, plus using them as black dwarves in border town burning means there is a chance I might get some chaos armour, in which case the model can get used there too. It means i’m down one chaos dwarf hero, but then he’s really too tall vs. all of the chaos dwarves i’ve converted so far anyway!

furrie:

nice conversion, realy like your warband so far. I might need to steal your idea for an army :stuck_out_tongue:

Nicodemus:

So. Totally. Awesome. I want some of my very own now!!

Keep up the great work, can’t wait to see you continued progress!

~N

maxxev:

No progress on the warband but I took a group shot so I thought i’d put that here too :)(sorry about the lack of focus, my fiancee has taken my old camera up to her uncle’s retirement do so i’m using my new one which I still haven’t figured out):