[Archive] Blowing off the dust

LimeyDragon:

Ok, here are my boyz. Kinda old and dusty… I have 2 more squads of warriors and 1 squad of blunderbuss still to paint… But i’m not sure what i was thinking when i painted these old models. Would it be easir to match them or repaint the whole army…?

My core units in all there glory…  Along with heroes and Centaurs.

I use this unit as my Great Weapon unit…

15 man block on blunderbuss.

The famous MM wizard and Commander.

Great taurus with custom rider… I forget where the figure came from…

Modified centaurs…

15 blunderbuss

20 man block of sword and board…

Bolt thrower units (seems i lost one over time)

Earth shakers… gotta love em.

Rocket launchers of doom…   mu ha ha

Pyro Stick:

Its great to see someone else with so many old figs. This is kind of what my army is going to be like, but mine is going to have loads of big hats in it as well. Do you have the full set of MM90’s?

LimeyDragon:

Its great to see someone else with so many old figs. This is kind of what my army is going to be like, but mine is going to have loads of big hats in it as well. Do you have the full set of MM90's?

Pyro Stick
The best of my knowledge i do think I have atleast one of each type..  I do wish i had big hats, i'd use them as champions, it would give them a more arrogant regal look..

Pyro Stick:

Its great to see someone else with so many old figs. This is kind of what my army is going to be like, but mine is going to have loads of big hats in it as well. Do you have the full set of MM90's?

Pyro Stick
The best of my knowledge i do think I have atleast one of each type..  I do wish i had big hats, i'd use them as champions, it would give them a more arrogant regal look..

LimeyDragon
Well theres 24 models in the set. I cant see the crossbowman in any of the pics. Do you have the crossbowman?

LimeyDragon:

Pyro Stick

LimeyDragon
Well theres 24 models in the set. I cant see the crossbowman in any of the pics. Do you have the crossbowman?

Pyro Stick
Yea, just that now they got smart and dumped there crossbows in favor of blunderbuss's...   he he.. (if i was able to take better pictures, you can still see the arrow packs on the sides of the models.)

Pyro Stick:

Yea, just that now they got smart and dumped there crossbows in favor of blunderbuss's...   he he.. (if i was able to take better pictures, you can still see the arrow packs on the sides of the models.)

LimeyDragon
I mean this crossbowman (at either ends of the rank):

LimeyDragon:

LimeyDragon
I mean this crossbowman (at either ends of the rank):

Pyro Stick
hmm, nope. that one i do not have.. darn it now i gotta find some.

Kera foehunter:

cool army !! they don’t look that dusty he he

thanks for sharing

Zanko:

You have collected some great minis! :hat off

I’m really jealous of your Taurus collection! So many cool old minis! :mad

The only thing I don’t like is that the colours seem too bright and so to say “good” - but beside this minor matter Great Army! :cheers

:hashut

LimeyDragon:

You have collected some great minis! :hat off

I'm really jealous of your Taurus collection! So many cool old minis! :mad

The only thing I don't like is that the colours seem too bright and so to say "good" - but beside this minor matter Great Army! :cheers

Zanko
Yea, used alot of gold and silver to paint the army..   The wife is trying to get me to repaint the whole thing with a knightmare before x-mas theme.. what ever that is.?

Willmark:

Kinda hard to see these guys can you take some photos more zoomed in?

Zanko:

Yea, used alot of gold and silver to paint the army..   The wife is trying to get me to repaint the whole thing with a knightmare before x-mas theme.. what ever that is.?

LimeyDragon
The red colour makes them looking so bright, not so much the gold and silver!

I think your wife means that you should use a more black weighted colour scheme!

... and when you than use gold and silver for the nuances!

That will be great ...imo! :)

TwilightCo:

Great collection, you have my eternal envy. Great job!

Uzkul Werit:

I do like the whole retroness of the army. Top job.

Loki:

Great collection of old models, the army looks great :slight_smile: I think you should repaint them, bring them more up todat witha new paint job

LimeyDragon:

after looking at them. was think of base black and a light dusting of metallic green

clam:

Nice collection :hat off

But have to agree with Willmark it’s really hard to picture them out - so close up woul have been appreciated.

And about a more evil look - I also do think, that a´dark/black base would do them good - and then perhaps a armour wash to dull the shiny look down - but that easily done.

LimeyDragon:

I’ll see if i can get the wife to take close ups. And the darker look would give them an more sinister feel.

Sargoth The Enslaver:

Wow! Been a long time sence I have last been here and I am glad I posted today, your army is well painted man, well done!:hat off

Sargoth:)

LimeyDragon:

Is there an asumed standard look for the CD’s.? Or is it just a dark dwarf look.?