[Archive] Blunderbuss question(1)

Blackspine:

Ahoy.

-quick questions re; blunderbusses

1: does the second rank get multi shots. I assume so, as DE rxbm get them and so do skinks etc. only 1 attack applies mostly to infantry

2: No volley fire, correct?

2.5: does Enchanted blades stack w / their natural armor pen?

Glimpse the Void:

1. Yes. Whole unit gets multiple shots.

2. Nope. Firing with a whole means 1/2 your third rank can shoot though.

3. If I’m not mistaken, armor pen doesn’t stack so you just get +1 to hit.

Nicodemus:

The surest & fastest way to the right answers to rules questions is for someone like myself to respond and tell you something wrong :wink:

1: does the second rank get multi shots. I assume so, as DE rxbm get them and so do skinks etc. only 1 attack applies mostly to infantry

2: No volley fire, correct?

2.5: does Enchanted blades stack w / their natural armor pen?

Blackspine
1: The whole unit has the Multiple shots special rule, but you have to roll for the entire unit and then multiply the result by D3. They can be either insanely amazing or just mediocre from one turn to the next. They work best though with as many models in the first two ranks as possible, as the additional benefits only stack once you have critical mass of 10+ and then 20+ shooting.

2: Correct (see above)

2.5: I’m assuming you’re still referring to the Hailshot Blunderbusses here, in which case the only models that can have this upgrade (Infernal Guard) only have mundane Hand Weapons. The Hailshot Blunderbusses themselves do have AP, but that’s it, nothing extra.

~N