[Archive] Blunderbuss Rules

Khaosbeardling:

In the first couple of battles I’ve played with my chaos dwarfs I’ve been playing the blunderbuss like they can:

1. Move and fire without penalty.

2. Aren’t effected by range, or any of that nonsense.

I don’t know if I’ve been playing them correctly or not, but I’m not sure how to handle cover. Are blunderbuss effected by cover. ( That the opponent is using?)

Traitor King:

well they can move and fire, as long as they dont march. Im not sure abour range but i thought it was 12".

I think some cover (think woods and walls) are no defence from a blunberbuss.

Buildings and being beihnd a hill are adequet protection.

Uzkul Werit:

Soft cover doesn’t effect them. Hard cover, I’m not sure.

MrDw:

"Any model within this is a potential target and is hit on a 4plus. The only exceptions are models behind substantial cover such as a hill or a building. Models behind walls or in woods are hit as normal"

Seems they ignore walls/woods.

Perturabo:

There is nothing in the RH list about them following the long range/half range rules, because they are effectively a template weapon. It sounds like you are playing them right.

Hashut’s Blessing:

4+ to hit, anything in the 12" long by unit frontage wide is hit, can be shot after normal movement (no charges/marching) and affects all unless behind a hill/building/similar obstacle.

Khaosbeardling:

Alright, thanks all, sounds like I was playing them correctly. Btw on a light note, I would like everyone to know, that everytime I fire my blunderbuss I shout in a somewhat dwarfy voice.

"Recieve the blessing of Hashut!"

Got the idea from, who else, Hashut’s Blessing. I find it rather entertaining to say, and to see the wierd look your opponent gives you.

Cheers! :cheers Hashut’s Blessing.

Hashut’s Blessing:

You are most welcome. Also, thank YOU for the free advertisemnt. :smiley: Glad to be of service. It’s what Hashut would want :D…

Khaosbeardling:

Anytime Hashut’s Blessing, anytime. :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Happy to know I’ve provided some more inspiration (my other “inspiring idea” was the crewman-with-cannonball/sorcerer-with-orb conversion plan…)!

Khaosbeardling:

Say what!? That whole statement just totally threw off my imagination. I think my brain exploded. :0

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yay! Exploding brains! Always fun. Basically, I (as far as I know) was the first to come up with the idea of turning the Dwarf crewman holding cannonball into a sorcerer holding a magical orb/fireball (not that I’ve completed the model yet. getting GS on Thursday).

Khaosbeardling:

Wow! i would love to see you do that, it’d probably look pretty freakin amazing, I’d probably have to do one myself.

Hashut’s Blessing:

A fair few people (including Mr. Xander himself) have done it since I posted the first picture. At the moment, he has a massive hole in the back of his head and no flames. I am getting GS and a tool this Thursday for the first time ever (Shock horror! HB and GS have always thought to never bother coming together!) and so will practise a little first, then make him and paint him (my painting isn’t brilliant) and post him for all to see. It’s a REALLY simple conversion though…

Khaosbeardling:

That sounds really sweet, can’t wait to see it.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, as said before, two days until I can start it. There is a pic up somewhere showing the massive hole in his head.

To keep near-ish the topic, I actually used a blunderbusser’s hat on the “sorcerer”. Was very worried about it, since I only have 7 BBs atm.

AGPO:

Well, it seems I must thank you HB, seeing as I stole that idea too:cheers Basically, treat blunderbusses as if they are a 12" rectangular template as wide as the front rank of your unit, treating every hit as a partial. They are just as unaffected by range as dragon’s breath or a stone thrower. All “to hit” modifiers are ignored as this is not a to hit roll, it is simply resolving partials. The only th8ng which will interfere with your blunderbusses is if there is a substantial piece of terreign such as a building or large hill inbetween you and your target. Note that this does not include low walls, only terreign which is solid and completely obscures the model is effective

Hashut’s Blessing:

I just had an idea! Since, in my fluff, The Blessed One (I.E. ME!) has loads of disciples and priests etc… These conversions could BE those minions! Mwaahahaha. And, no thanks are necessary, just like to know that people know who got the idea first :D…

is glory-hunter (<—joking)

Khaosbeardling:

Wow HB, wow. You like your minions. . It’s ok, it’s ok, I like my minions too. My favourite quote is from 40k, from some Imperial Guard commander.

"Did I tell you, you could die? Keep fighting!"

It totally encompasses my view on my personal minions. The slaves at least.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yeah, I always liked that quote to. It’s funny because it’s true. And it’s true because it’s hilarious. Now, where did those minions o’ mine go? He he he.