[Archive] Bolg's Blog of other stuff on a butget... (pic heavy)

Bolg:

So my CD’s are a bit on hold at the moment, I got very few models still that need to be painted and have been playing my vanilla dwarfs for some time now. (also looking forward to the new O&G book and reworking all my old minis)

So I’ve been busy with warhammer, just not Chaos Dwarfs and I wanted to share some of the stuff i’ve been working on.

I’ll start with what i’ve been doing today, building a Trebuchet from scratch for a friend:

Start, just some wood left overs from the fireworks from new years

The first shapes…
[edit] I actually removed some of these pics from my flicker by accident[/edit]

Staring to look like something…

And finished.

I might want to add some extra detail, but as its not going to be mine I dont want to decorate it to much so it can still be personalized.

Unzul:

wow… very nice and impressive… good job

nitroglysarine:

love the use of the crest on the ballast.

cool model!

Alfract:

nitroglysarine
is it from a spoon?

Bolg:

nitroglysarine
is it from a spoon?

Alfract
Could be, its one of those things that lays in your bits box for over 10 years so i'm not completely sure (:

Bassman:

Could you take a picture with a miniature nearby? Just for scaling purpuse.

Wonder why people would buy a GW trebuchet when it’s pretty easy to build up a much better one. :slight_smile:

Bolg:

Yes its kinda big… But hey, its a S5 Stonethrower and I think I got the scale quite right (:

An I prefer building over buying anyday. making this took me 4 - 6 hours (while watching some TV on the background).

Bolg:

And some more stuff.

A old squigh chariot that I made some years ago and just rebased. I used it as a Pumpwagon, but I think now it would also go well as a Mangler Squigh.

AGPO:

I love the use of round sprues as rivets and pegs. The Icon on the front is a lovely touch as well. Did you use a template for this? Care to give instructions?

Bolg:

Thanx, well the sprue stuff works great and its dead cheap (and you might even consider it a form of recycling :wink: )

And as instructions go, I wont go in to complete details but I started with some extensive googeling of Trebuchet images until I got the feel of what is the common factor. I then sketched out a few frameworks until I was happy with a idea that was realistic and not a exact copy of anything. I then just started sawing all the pieces for the frame and glued an pinned (pinning is essential!!) everything in place. I used dried layers of woodglue in the gully and addes soem detail (mainly cardboard as metal strips and the sprue rivets. oh and the wire is the stirps you get with your garbage bags from witch I removed the plastic and twisted 3 together.

bas_2312:

Awesome stuff! I think it’s awesome that the trebuchet is that huge! Maybe the projectile could be a little bigger?

Nicodemus:

totally awesome. Love the old skool Empire models as well… I’ve got bags and bags of them lying around still :wink:

~N

Bolg:

More stuff:

Bolg:

I just applied fort a tournament for the 7th of may with my orc and goblins… but my army is not 8th edition ready jet so i’ll be busy the coming month rebasing and rebuilding my army.

Up first a 3dr spider chariot so I can field a unit of 3 with my forest goblins/savage orcs.

I’ll include  loads of pictures so its quite easy to see how i build it.

a double strip (1") of kitchen paper with watered down woodglue over the edge of the chariot, looks great and makes the model a lot more durable (:

questions just ask (:

More pictures soon.

nitroglysarine:

what range is the spidey from?

Bolg:

4rd edition orc and goblins. (I think its even in the 'eavy metal pages of the 4rd edition army book)

Bolg:

Bolg:

Bit busy painting to also take pictures, I have a tournament deadline and still a lot to finish…

The chariot is finished, still have to tal the pictures.

But I do have this Wip pic:

I’m kinda embarrassed by this, but its 8th edition and there is true line of sight and I have 3! 4rd edition doomdivers, I’m not going to bu something new so I build this look out post thingy to go under the diver and catapult. just high enough to look over my units of orcs…

And I’m working on a unit of 40 4rd ed Savage orc Biguns with additional handweapon, unfortunately the 4dr ed models dont have that option. so i’m converting a few, and sticking hand made clubs to the rest (:

bas_2312:

Nice!

The Doomdiver platform is looking very cool, but somehow I feel like it’s missing a diving board and some Goblins with floaties on ;p

Waste Rider:

Bolg,

I really like the white face you did up for your gobbos and savage boar boyz, real primal and cool. Also, all that scratch building is great stuff. Just might have see if I can do something like that white face only in a blue tone… sincerely I dig the look of it a lot :slight_smile:

Edit: genius carved war clubs for the SOs off-hand, those look good.

- WR