[Archive] Brown skin?

Rickie:

Hi long time no see.

Gonna start up a DE army again, they have been itching me since I got back in the hobby. But the CD’s and TK’s lured me away with their temptations. But soon done with the dwarfs and ever since I saw the gamezone resin spearmen I cant containe myself. And I need to buy me some Dark Elf figgs.

Now for the real reason I’m here. I want them to have brown skin. And I really have something in mind for it. Just to stupid to figure out the right colors for it. Have ideas for colors to use and in the way I should apply them, please share it with me.

Here is the model for my skin tone.

Have been holding up paint jarrs to the pc screen all day and I feel I aint got the right colors for it. Khemri brown seems to dark and dheneb stone dont feel brown enough.

But maybe Dheneb stone would work with a brown wash over it, then reused as the base, but what should I use for highligt then? Need a good color for the lips also.

Here is my idea kinda for the color scheme.

Since I will have white hair and other details I will have to shade em difrently and perheaps make the none hair white more pearl colord. Had some crazy idea with shading the white cloth with pink. When I tought about it I was sure I was heading for a noble prize, not so sure anymore thou.

Also just a random question, will metel models survive 15 min in a oven at 100 degrees celsius?

Anyone read this and understand it, thanks for taking the time to read it, hoping for an answear also ^^

cornixt:

Also just a random question, will metel models survive 15 min in a oven at 100 degrees celsius?

Rickie
No, they will melt

NoisyAssassin:

I would likely use Khemri brown as the base color and work it up with highlights by mixing a little more Ushabti Bone into each layer.

Rickie:

Rickie
No, they will melt

cornixt
Hmm tought the melting point would be at around 180 degrees, I migt try a test with some spare bit just to make sure.
I would likely use Khemri brown as the base color and work it up with highlights by mixing a little more Ushabti Bone into each layer.

NoisyAssassin
I'm really bad at mixing the colors myself, and this will be for an entire army so really would prefer having 2-3 pots to use in my asembly line.

Thanks for the responses.

cornixt:

The actual melting point is higher, but it goes soft at lower temperatures such that pressure will distort it.

Rickie:

yeah you are probably right, would be stupid to risk it.

Rickie:

A friend brought his mega paint set over so I could ogle all the colors in the flesh so to speak.

Gonna go Khemri brown/Baneblade Brown > Kommando Khaki/Karak Stone > Pallid Flesh (not as yellow as elf flesh).

That seemed to be the most resonable from what I saw, will use valejo also.

And mhe girls get pink lips males… well screw the males.

Still a bit iffy on my turquise. I only own blue wash and icy blue to go with that one, but hoping that will do.