[Archive] Brush Slave #7 - voting for August challenge theme

clam:

So, have change concept and we will now vote for the August challenge theme.

I’ve picked 5 themes from the suggestion thread found here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9549 - that I found could be popular. But please keep the suggestions coming - or just let us know what you would like see next.

The 5 themes are:

#1 Title: "I wouldn’t want to meet you in a dark alley"

Challenge:
The idea of this model, is to represent something big, or scary or ugly or just plain mean. Maybe a combination of all those attributes.

#2 Title: "Beast"

Challenge: Paint an animal, non-humanoid miniature that represents a true “beast”

#3 Title: "Say cheese"

Challenge: Paint something cheesy, this could be a model with cheese or just a model who can be used in a cheesy way - or just would be considered cheesy in a game.

#4 Title: "Citius, Altius, Fortius"

Challenge: Paint something to represent the essence of sports - Faster, Higher, Stronger. Anything from an ancient Greek throwing a spear to fanatic fantasy football. From a Scotsman playing golf to The Running Man

#5 Title: "What movie?"

Challenge: Give us a famous movie quote - and painted a miniature to go with it (a character, a scene etc.) - and perhaps photoshop the quote into the picture if you like. Feel free to use any style of miniatures you want.

Voting will end on the 31th July 2011- so we are all can be ready at August 1st.

And don’t worry if you favourite theme doesn’t make it. Any theme that doesn’t win the poll will be automatically carried over to the next month, as long as it receives at least 1 vote.

Borador:

What movie? Seems like a nice theme to me, I can work with that ^^

nitroglysarine:

What movie? Seems like a nice theme to me, I can work with that ^^

Borador
Yeah had my vote to ;)

Thorne:

Movie themed idea would rock I have voted now come on everyone you know you want too!

inkpwn:

Fantasy foooootttttbbbaaaallllllllll

clam:

Fantasy football could be fun doing - got quite a few miniatures I would like to paint for this, and BS could give me a very good excuse :wink:

- unfortunately only you and I seems up for it :frowning:

Borador:

Got 1 mini that is infact usable as a double :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: it’s ok to paint two minis right? (say we do the movie theme ;))

Abecedar:

dark alley would suit my BS #6 figure, I think I can find something for “what movie” so votes in

clam:

Got 1 mini that is infact usable as a double ;P it's ok to paint two minis right? (say we do the movie theme ;))

Borador
Paint as many as you like. Might come up with a bonus challenge to encourage you to paint more than a single miniature. But first we need to find our theme :)