[Archive] Brush Slave #9 - voting for October challenge theme

clam:

Still 13 days left for BS #8 - but it’s also time to start thinking about what you want to do in October.

Like last, I’ve picked 5 themes to choose from (4 of them are from last time the last is found from the suggestion thread found here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=9549).And I would still appreciate if you’d take the time to stop by and make some suggestions, please :slight_smile:

The 5 themes are:

#1 Title: "Beast"

Challenge: Paint an animal, non-humanoid miniature that represents a true “beast”

#2 Title: "Citius, Altius, Fortius"

Challenge: Paint something to represent the essence of sports - Faster, Higher, Stronger. Anything from an ancient Greek throwing a spear to fanatic fantasy football. From a Scotsman playing golf to The Running Man

#3 Title: "What movie?"

Challenge: Give us a famous movie quote - and painted a miniature to go with it (a character, a scene etc.) - and perhaps photoshop the quote into the picture if you like. Feel free to use any style of miniatures you want.

#4 Title: "Rank and file"

Challenge: Paint one or several rank and file miniatures.

#5 Title:"This is how I would do it"

Chalenge: (Re)Paint a miniature that is from a colored/pre-painted “toy” line (could be Heroclix, Wizard’s of the Coast, Rackham’s At-43 or another plastic toy soldier maybe even a Kinder Surprise toy). Here we would ask for a before and after pic to show what you did.

Voting will run for 13 days and end on the 30th September 2011.

And don’t worry if you favorite theme doesn’t make it. Any theme that doesn’t win the poll will automatically be carried over to the next month, as long as it receives at least 1 vote.

G.2:

My vote is in. Thanks for organising this Clam.

clam:

As long as you guys keep painting - I’ll keep the “wheels” running, here.

And after all, it helps me staying focused too :wink:

So it’s what we here call a win-win-situation :stuck_out_tongue:

inkpwn:

Sport!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

clam:

Now, who would have thought that :stuck_out_tongue:

G.2:

So it's what we here call a win-win-situation

clam
I always like a win-win situation, especially when it involves money. Not that money is involved in this situation, but it is still good.

clam:

Money sure is good :slight_smile:

And lets see a few more votes, shall we?

Bolg:

Voted (:

I like Brush Slave, its one of the few models i’ve painted this month. I need deadlines to finish anything (:

G.2:

I like Brush Slave, its one of the few models i've painted this month. I need deadlines to finish anything

Bolg
Yeah, I like Brush Slave too. It is good to have a reason to paint those stlightly more unusual minis from your collection.

clam:

I like Brush Slave, its one of the few models i've painted this month. I need deadlines to finish anything

Bolg
Yeah, I like Brush Slave too. It is good to have a reason to paint those stlightly more unusual minis from your collection.

G.2
Pleased to hear, but let me remind you all, that no one asks for a rare/uncommon miniature. Idea is, that you just incorporate the theme to you current projects. But we don't mind seeing those old gems, of course - so if you put everything aside to paint a rarity/special miniature, no one blames you :)

Abecedar:

looks like “movie” has missed out again. C’mon fella’s, we need a tie-breaker vote from somewhere

clam:

Officially voting has ended, but HB has extended it, so it will be running for another 48 hours. Now please cast your votes :wink:

Bolg:

In case of a tie we take the one with the least amount of votes!

d:

clam:

In case of a tie we take the one with the least amount of votes!

d:

Bolg
lol - but that's another close run ;)

G.2:

Unless the voting is still open, I think we have a winner - but only just.

Borador:

So “Beast” it is. Great, now I’ve got some motivation to finish a sculpt I’ve been putting off for to long!

inkpwn:

Beast??? MATHMATICAL! I can just paint up my slann teams kroxigor! woop woop, seems sport won after all! HA HA!

G.2:

Beast it is…I can finally tackle that __________ that I have been putting off, as I wasn’t confident enough to paint it. Well I guess now I am ready for it.

Abecedar:

I have got no idea at all. a non-humanoid animal. I think I did all that I’ve got during the last 3 BS’s

Bolg:

I could finish that Manger Squigh sulpt, or…

(: