[Archive] Brush Slave League - Official Rules (season 2)

Lord Aldades:

Feel free to drop me though if possible, as I told DA through PM, after I broke my painting hand and an incident over at my now ex-gaming club, I can’t seem to get fired up again. I painted since then the whole shabangle of 5 miniatures in 4 months ( I swear, I did try to paint with left hand and teeth; to no avail) but didn’t post about it to prevent the sympathy call and vote in a running league.

That said, the hand is as good as healed now (one more metal trinket to go) but the batteries are still in the reddish wzone

clam:

Sorry to hear about you accident Lord A, but glad to here its healing alright.

And let me remind you all that withdraws are not possible with the current gaming format, match up procedure and point system.

Lord Aldades:

Not a problem, it was just a reply / suggestion to the earlier repeat entry discussion. In the very best case I might have one for the final rounds, but this is highly doubtful atm tbh.

I don`t mind granting points to the opponent with the Turn A gundams

Lord Aldades:

Okay, I did it, managed to send in something new.

Bolg:

I think the pairing up for the grand final of the top 4 should be an official rule for next season. its only logical (Spock would say).

And with just 3 prices (if any) to make it all the more exiting (:

clam:

First, we need to deside if there is “a 3rd season”!

If we do, Im not sure we will use this format here. As “someone” :slight_smile: pointed out a few months back, we need to look into the automatic participation without replacements.

I’m considering one of two major rule changes:

1) If you want to take part you need to submit (at league start) 3 newly painted teams (for round 1-3), or

2) An all open league format where only newly submitted teams compete. Meaning, that if you (only) paint a team for round 1, 4 and say 8 your only matched up in these rounds. Will probably also need to change the point system, too, as the “new team bonus” loss its value.

But lets talk about that, should we run it for a 3rd year. Right now, we all need a break, I think. Should we return a 3rd season, I think first deadline will be around first of October - giving you a nice 2 months break, and then you can use September for painting.

Lord Aldades:

I can’t commit for season 3 at the moment with an erratic timeschedule and so many things to do, hence I couldn’t put myself fully (due to circumstances) in season 2 this time.

Might be if I join up, but for now I’m afraid I’ll be looking in as a supporter, not a participant.

But do give me something to cheer at, get those seasons going!

clam:

And I’m afraid you are not the only one :~

- and its also why I question another season. Seems like we’re losing more people than we’re gaining, at the moment :frowning:

But it’s been a pleasure having yon on board, Lord A - and you certainly did your part. Hopefully we’ll still see some of your great painting here at CDO.

Bolg:

If we do, Im not sure we will use this format here. As "someone" :) pointed out a few months back, we need to look into the automatic participation without replacements.

clam
Ha I knew I could expect that (:

I do hope there will be a 3rd season after a break, altered rules and everything. But only if there is enough interest ofcourse (and a willing hero to lead it)

I think the open league option is better as having to paint up 3 teams is raising the bar a bit and we should have more contestants, not less (:

But all in good time, I do not want to impose anything I just had a lot of fun during season 1 and 2 (and a bit before that as well).

DAGabriel:

I would participate a next season and would like to make some advertising with the new ones joining CDO.

It would be too sad to see the format die since it can surely help to get stuff painted. The automatic participation thing is indeed something in need for a revision and the open league format is one thing to consider among others (Jokers, committing of at least a certain number…)

I sure will make some teams in advance, though, to have the time for GH, perhaps AC.

First I thought to withdraw to make room in the top5 for fresh faces, but since numbers seem to shrink I am sure I could find other ways to do so. If clam finds a third season in order and is in need of a helping hand I would sure offer help and would post mine minis on the same base as he is doing.

furrie:

I would join in another bsl

clam:

Thanks for all your inputs and for commiting to another season - autumn 2013.

Nice hearing that you are interested taking part but would also like to here what potential new participants think. What would make it interesting for new painters?

As for commitment to do more than one entry…? As the rules already stats, BSL isn’t really for those that just do 1 team. And can’t really do anything about it or hold it against people for not entering on a regular basis. Can’t blame people for losing interest during a season this long. 8 months is a long time.

Some I’m leaning against the open format. That will give us interesting maches each round - if new teams are entered each month. We could also lower the miniatures count, too - three might scare people off!

Sticklander:

I’d love to take part for the next time! :smiley:

What I find most interesting about this, is how many different and varied entires come from the League. As long as there is a painting requirement that is creative and inspires interesting entries.

I’m not sure if I’d be able to do more than one entry, but that really depends on how inspired I am by the set challenge.

Bolg:

@Sticklander. yes you should. and as a veteran I can promise you it is very inspiring to take part (:

bas_2312:

I’m also in for a next season! The Brush Slave is such a good motivator to paint stuff… In fact the only things I’ve painted the last couple of months was for the Brush Slave!

Jaeckel:

I’m not sure to participate next time, a lot of work to come, I probably won’t have time to make several entries…

Larendard:

I’d definately take part in another season, especially since i’m planning on starting with my bighats in September and some classic & scratchbuilt Tyranids.

The BSL moren than once was a nice motivation to sit down and paint instead of watching tv or playing Fallout: New Vegas on my PS3 :slight_smile: