[Archive] BSB with GW

Alan the evil:

I realized something weird.

All I’m gonna write is based on italian RH list and 8th ed rulebook, so if in english version there is something different please correct me.

RH says that a CD hero may carry:

light armour or heavy armour and/or shield

additional hand weapon or great weapon

it also adds

a CD hero may carry the battle standard bearer.

ONLY IF HE CARRIES A MAGIC STANDARD CANNOT HAVE ANY OTHER ITEMS BUT L/A OR H/A

beacuse of the possibility of some BSBs in other armies to carry something that needs two hands (like shield for VC BSB) i looked on 8 ed rulebook pag 107 about BSB states rules… and nothing about equipment is write.

I asked to italian FIGW referees (but that’s valid only for italian federation) and they answered that about BSB I must follow what about tha army"book" (RH in this case).

so my question: could we have in 8th ed a BSB with GW?

(just to point something more: in the FAQ is written that an ordinary unit standard bearer my carry gw/ahw so why cannot a battle standard bearer do it if this is not forbidden by our list?)

cornixt:

The short answer is no, a BSB can’t have a GW, simply because it says he can’t in the RH list.

Da Crusha:

The short answer is no, a BSB can't have a GW, simply because it says he can't in the RH list.

cornixt
+1 BSB cannot carry a great weapon

snowblizz:

The short answer is no, a BSB can't have a GW, simply because it says he can't in the RH list.

cornixt
+1 BSB cannot carry a great weapon

Da Crusha
Sadly this is true. Old books have this restriction, to which RH unsurprisingly falls.

Alan the evil:

Someone has a link of whole RH book?

I always had only the 2 pages PDF about chaos dwarf.

Hashut’s Blessing:

As has been said, it’s because it specifically states in the CD army list that they may only take LA or HA that they may not have a GW/Shield. However, it doesn’t stop you from taking the magical paired weapons or an Enchanted Shield, etc :wink:

Alan the evil:

I just had a chat with bassman and I discovered that the problem is a WRONG traslation of RH in italian.

That’s why I didn’t understand!!

sorry to have bothered you for something senseless

Obsidian:

Nothing is senseless mate, it has cleared something up for you so it’s good! Maybe even saves someone in the future from having to have to ask it too. :slight_smile: