[Archive] BSL 2013/14 - Round 8 "No to Racism"

clam:

It’s all coming to an end. Round 8, last round of the 2013/14 season, is here. Let it be a blast, shall we?

It may be over last round but what an opportunity for another themed round, this is, so the theme for round 8 will be:

So, to show all that we are not intolerant Big Hatters here at CDO and to show that all races are equal, Round 8 will be about saying “No to Racism” and I challenge you to represent as many different races as you possible can on you team - without compromising on the “team feel”, of course.

So for each additional race represented on your team you get 1 bonus point, with a 3 bonus points maximum - so the total of 9 points could be achieved.

For the Fantasy and 40K people, I really don’t think there is no need to explain the “race” definition - but I could be wrong. If so … just ask :slight_smile:

Mounts (any beast), pack animals, transports or machines don’t count as “race” - but still qualifies for team points.

For historical entries it might be a bit more vague - but lets say it can be as much “nationality” or “ethnic groups”  as actual “race”. So Normans vs. Anglo-Saxons are here counted as two different races - so are WW1 Brits vs. Germans …

Civilians can be a grey area. Probably I can’t distinguish between a Persian and a Greek woman or two kids in tunics - should one of them be the outcome of a conquering foreign soldier - so make sure their difference in race are … “noticeable”.

And as always, just ask - here or by PM. And always tell me you (team) intentions, when you post your entry. Pretty sure we can come to an agreement.

All coaches, who wants to join - this our last round - will have to present a newly painted entry before: Saturday June 7th 2014, 11:59 pm (GMT)

List of coaches for Season 2013/14, round 8: (Entry received)

• Bolg

• bas_2312

• clam (kept in reserve)

Blue in VT:

Though I have been absent for the rest of the League…I’m going to bust my hump to get a team together for the grand finale!

Come on lads! Lets finish in style!

Cheers,

Blue

Bolg:

I Have a team ready but I’m planing something more appropriate (:

clam:

Should anyone need a bit more time, I’ll be willing to accept entries until Monday evening (GMT). It’s long weekend here in Denmark due to a bank holiday on Monday, and will be taking wife and kids on a small holiday.

Till then … Happy painting :slight_smile:

bas_2312:

Thanks clam! I have a cool team put together but some extra time might come in handy :slight_smile:

clam:

Sounds great, Bas

I’m nearly done and will finish before we leave Saturday (I hope) :slight_smile:

clam:

I’m back home after a wonderful long weekend. Weather god’s are really on Team Denmark this spring/early summer.

We have had 2 entries so far (yes, it’s the Dutch duo, again - thank you guys). My own contribution was change last minute, as the planned “no to racism” dwarf fell into the wet palette …! :frowning: - so now he is back in a crystal soap bath. But luckily I had another one sitting here waiting :slight_smile: - so feel free submitting. Will keep it open till tomorrow morning.

Bolg:

Sorry, its the back up team. this was no painting weather. I’ll make it up to you and Bas

Blue in VT:

I think I got mine in in time…small team and not a lot of diversity but they are in.

Cheers,

Blue

clam:

After a small delay polls are up.

2 matches:

The Crew vs. The 4A Mad Hatter’s

Imperial Bunbuns vs. Classic Chaos Dwarfs

Only bas_2312 managed to meet the challenge - and in an extremely good way as well. Very well done :hat off

And that’s nearly the end of the 2013/14 season - as we still have 7 days for voting - but will like to say thanks to all participants, voters and supporters and lurkers. It’s been great fun :slight_smile:

See ya’ next season :smiley:

And to show who superiority bas_2312 have been this season … :slight_smile: he also sent me this little bonus:

Beautiful work, bas_2312 - and thx for sharing.

clam:

Sorry for the small delay in declaring our winner - but it’s done now - and the 2013/14 is officially over.

See ya’ next season.

Zanko:

Great work clam and really great entries guys! :hat off

I’m very sorry that I missed the last rounds of the BSL but there were too much problems in real life! :frowning:

Like you can see in the forum I nearly painted nothing in the last time … :mad

Hopefully in autumn most troubles will be solved and I might return to my workbench! :~

:hashut