[Archive] BSL Round 1 - Champions of Chaos vs. The Doomriders of Dun Khardrakk

clam:

Champions of Chaos

The Doomriders of Dun Khardrakk - the 2nd column

JonJon:

Doom riders

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Blue in VT:

:o what a lot of chaossy goodness in these two entries… This os going to be a rough choice.

Blue

maded12:

This one is really hard… Can’t I vote for both?

vulcanologist:

Very close call!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Threadbare:

Very nice!

Is that a broken tree stump on the doomriders’ base?

Zanko:

Very nice!

Is that a broken tree stump on the doomriders' base?

Threadbare
To be honest ... I'm not sure! :~

I found the piece in my biz box and it looked nice!

:hashut

G.2:

Champions of Chaos

Very nicely painted collection. If anything it is very busy, with lots of things going on. I found my eyes darting around the image, from up-held sword, to up-held axe, to lava base, to skull base, to horse and back to the up-held sword. That did drive me a little nuts, so I had to look away, which is not what I want to do when I am looking at nicely painted miniatures. Overall the colour scheme is nice, and the style is pretty, but it is over-done. Too MUCH detail everywhere, which is not a positive thing in this situation.

The Doomriders of Dun Khardrakk - the 2nd column

Ahh�?�a nicely ranked up set of models. I like how these instantly appear to be a uniform unit. For this, this gets bonus points. The Foo (Temple) Dogs are a favourite model of mine, even though they have always looked very static and life-less, and the painter in this case painted them to look like statues, makes this negative feature even more obvious. The riders are an interesting choice, and the base looks really nice. Overall I like it, but they look a little funny sitting on what looks like statues.

DAGabriel:

The riders are an interesting choice, and the base looks really nice. Overall I like it, but they look a little funny sitting on what looks like statues.

G.2
No statues, put in a dime and the rock back and forth!
Problem is with contrast, pic or painting(?). The champions got more and you can discern better detail, for me that makes them close winners.