[Archive] BSL Round 2 - The Avalanche Riders vs. Sneaky little hobbitses

clam:

The Avalanche Riders (Furrie)

Sneaky little hobbitses (Bas_2312)

Zanko:

Imo both entries are great but as an old Hobbit lover - these little guys got my vote!

Love the feeling of the Hobbit homes and the Shire! :slight_smile:

:hashut

vulcanologist:

Two very different but very good entries! Not sure if I should be judging the Hobbits as part of a diorama but I guess not so I guess my vote has to go to the ogres!

Uncle Fool:

Went for the Hobbitses here:):slight_smile:

Like the snow on the ogres, don’t get much snow here in the tropics. Both are superbly painted but:hat off:cheers:cheers

Mostyn:

Furrie: avalanche riders are very well painted and I like the light furred mournfang to (presumably) tie in with the snow. If I had one criticism (and it’s a reach) it would be that the beasts do need a tiny bit more contrast (you will still have very dark shade in the recesses of ears/eyes/under legs etc even on light furred creatures. They are great.

Bas 2312: Wicked Diorama - it has such a positive impact on any photo and in this case the end result is fantastic (even if not technically ‘in story’). The hobbits are pretty good too!

Insidious:

Oh my precious, precious little hobbits… I love you so… Great work on the ultra creative scenic base really sets the mood. Well done!