[Archive] BSL Round 5 - The Cleaved vs. A Shining Light

clam:

The Cleaved (Uncle Fool)

A Shining Light (Unzul)

DAGabriel:

Another case of a clash between different styles. I especially like the swords of those elves and I really like the almost impressionistic pics of those CSMs. You will have to wait for my decision, too.

Bolg:

What Gabriel says, this one is hard. I love the better pic of the space marines and i’m not a huge fan of green bases… But those swords are way cool…

Animatone:

I think I’d have to side with the Elves on this one. Either way they’re both awesome.

Great work!

Zanko:

Awesome pics - damn cool! :hat off

Like also the paint scheme!

The Elves are much too conventional and I don’t like the 2 different blue shades!

So the 40K guys got my vote! :cheers

:hashut

Psychotherapist:

Yep, the choice is difficult. Technically, the elves are better but I do like the Chaos SM. Therefore, I vote for them…

theforgefather:

I would have gone for the cleaved, but there isn’t much too see in the photo, but the photo is brilliant!

Uncle Fool:

Thankyou for saying there was nothing to look at. Sounds silly I know but that was what I was after. I really limited my pallete to grey. Only the leader and standard bearer have any colour. I thought it was going to be quick and easy reducing colours but it’s not.

Unzul your elves are awesome, far outstripping my chaos boys, goodluck buddy.

Unzul:

Thank you mate…

However your pics are very nice, the visual impact is great, it reminds me the wd picture… Great job!!!

DAGabriel:

Ok, even if this should be a draw i go with the Cleaved. Everybody who has seen my thread knows that I know how hard it is to paint monochrome minis. Reminds me I should start on my next Black&White Hobgob.

vulcanologist:

Great marines and even greater photos! Love the elves bases are bit poor but they get my vote!

Unzul:

bases are bit poor

vulcanologist
Exact, I must improve my skills in bases and photos...:cheers

DAGabriel:

@ Unzul: Did you ever take a look here http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.de/2009/10/tutorial-overview.html#basing?

I love the basing tutorials there!

Unzul:

@ Unzul: Did you ever take a look here http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.de/2009/10/tutorial-overview.html#basing?
I love the basing tutorials there!

DAGabriel
It looks interesting....

Thank you very much!!!

DAGabriel:

Both there have won lots of prizes and are cool chaps who do workshops here in Germany. Had the luck to do one with one of them.