[Archive] BSL Round 6 - Gobo Pirates vs. Astragoth & friends

clam:

Gobo Pirates (Blue in VT)

Astragoth & friends (Furrie)

Chico:

Have to love those Pirates :slight_smile:

DAGabriel:

@ Furrie: great Bighats, love the eyes and faces. On the other side, the bases are a little bit simple and the minis are a bit low on contrast.

Never the less you could have won many pairings, but here there is nothing to win. Those pirates are too good for nearly everyone.

Only thing I would like to remark to the pirates besides the “wow, fantastic!” is the bird, at least on the pic it is hard to discern.

vulcanologist:

Go my pirates!!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

furrie:

Gratz to the pirates, when I saw them I knew this round was lost to me.

G.2:

Great looking minis. I really like the big hats (I am a huge fan of those silly looking minis). But I must comment on Blue’s entry. I know that Blue in VT is an awesome painter, and his style is clean, and his colour/color choice is always spot-on…BUT…the green you used for those greenskins, is a little TOO green for my taste. I personally don’t really like bright green on my greenskins, I tend to dull it down, by either adding a brown, tan or flesh colour to it. But I suppose Blue is going for the “retro” look. Sorry Blue, I just had to say it. - I still love your work!!!

Blue in VT:

Great looking minis. I really like the big hats (I am a huge fan of those silly looking minis). But I must comment on Blue's entry. I know that Blue in VT is an awesome painter, and his style is clean, and his colour/color choice is always spot-on....BUT....the green you used for those greenskins, is a little TOO green for my taste. I personally don't really like bright green on my greenskins, I tend to dull it down, by either adding a brown, tan or flesh colour to it. But I suppose Blue is going for the "retro" look. Sorry Blue, I just had to say it. - I still love your work!!!

G.2
No need to apologize...your thoughts are always welcome G2...yeah they are a fairly old school color of green...but nothing like the neon green I used to use back in the day! So for me this is toned down a bit. You nailed it though...I like bold bright colors and the skin of orcs and goblins gets the same treatment. Your pallet leans to the softer more natural side of things which certainly has an appeal...I like an almost cartoony feel to my figures...we are talking about pirate goblins after all...;P

Cheers,

Blue

G.2:

...yeah they are a fairly old school color of green...but nothing like the neon green I used to use back in the day!  So for me this is toned down a bit.

Blue in VT
Neon Green!? Ha ha ha, I couldn't image you painting with such a bright green colour/color. Nice to know that you HAVE toned it down, it is much appriciated.
...I like bold bright colors and the skin of orcs and goblins gets the same treatment.  ...I like an almost cartoony feel to my figures...

Blue in VT
I think that is why I like your style so much, I like that cartoony look. I don't think I am brave enough to try such a look. So I will stick to my own safe way of painting.

All I can say, is keep on painting, as I really do like seeing your work.

Willmark:

Have to love those Pirates :)

Chico
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Kera foehunter:

Do you need to ask me !! really do you