[Archive] BSL Round 7: Marauding Mischief vs. The defensors of Tor Anyiar

clam:

Marauding Mischief (Borador)

The defensors of Tor Anyiar (Unzul)

DAGabriel:

Another pairing without a reply.

Dont want to say more to the Marauding Mischief except: get well soon, Borador. Want to have a duel with 3rd. ed ones with you in the next BSL. <br>@Unzul: Hope you will forgive me a candid/honest reply. Dont know if it is the pic or the painting, this is the only entry by you I dont really like. Normally I like High Elves, they have been my first WHF army but these HElves look a little like straight from a Kinder surprise egg. The pics dont show any shading or highlighting, only the jewels look a bit like your former self…

Bolg:

Ah yes, some feedback is always nice.

I’ll give it a try to, all in good spirit so please dont be offended.

@Unzul your painting is a bit basic, there is no shading what so ever. this would really improve the look of the models as the coloring itself is done very neatly (between the lines) so you might want to try some shading in the future, going over it with a wash or have a look at the technique called "Dipping"

And please paint the movement tray as well in the future, that is the best way to display your models properly.

Borador:

Thanks DAGabriel. I just got back from hospital and should be all cured now. I have some nice things in the works for round 8, so maybe we’ll have our 3rd ed duel (:

@Unzul: I have practically the same advise as the other before me. The painting is neat, but a bit basic. A little shading and highlighting would do magic I think (especially on the metals!)

DAGabriel:

Glad to hear that, but since I didn`t expect it I built round 8 around LoA. But our time will come!!!

Borador:

It sure will next season I hope (:

Unzul:

Another pairing without a reply.
Don`t want to say more to the Marauding Mischief except: get well soon, Borador. Want to have a duel with 3rd. ed ones with you in the next BSL.
@Unzul: Hope you will forgive me a candid/honest reply. Don`t know if it is the pic or the painting, this is the only entry by you I don`t really like. Normally I like High Elves, they have been my first WHF army but these HElves look a little like straight from a Kinder surprise egg. The pics don`t show any shading or highlighting, only the jewels look a bit like your former self...

DAGabriel
Ah yes, some feedback is always nice.

I'll give it a try to, all in good spirit so please dont be offended.
@Unzul your painting is a bit basic, there is no shading what so ever. this would really improve the look of the models as the coloring itself is done very neatly (between the lines) so you might want to try some shading in the future, going over it with a wash or have a look at the technique called "Dipping"

And please paint the movement tray as well in the future, that is the best way to display your models properly.

Bolg
You have perfectly reason.

Unfortunatly I didn't have much time for this round, so I painted very very fast this poor unit of helves and this is the result... I will go back on in the future for the shadows and the highlight.

Thank you for the honest opinions...