[Archive] BSL2 Round 7 - Metal Miners vs. Ball and Chain

clam:

Metal Miners (Bolg)

Ball and Chain (Borador)

DAGabriel:

@ Borador: Now that is a real quantum jump. Great looking and much neater! Love that shield.

@ Bolg: Great ones, love those miniatures!

Borador:

Thanks DAGabriel, really tried to implement your advice and it turned out for the better, so thank you once again for those tips!

Great entry Bolg, good choice of miniatures!

Bolg:

Ha a classic good versus evil.

@DAGabriel: Thanx, I wish I had more of those classic models.

@Borador: you are improving, very bad timing for me (; but love to see you are getting better (:

DAGabriel:

May try to copy that shield design!

Borador:

Thanks Bolg, though I am still no match for you. Man, the lighting on your skin and hats is GOOD. Also, what is your recipe for that crisp, pure white? Do you work your way up from greys to white?

Hehe DAGabriel, I’ll take that as a compliment. The other shield didn’t turn out that well, so I’ll try to redo that one tomorrow.

Bolg:

Also, what is your recipe for that crisp, pure white? Do you work your way up from greys to white?

Borador
I use valleo surface primer, doesnt cover all but its a good start. than a layer with foundation white, mix in some grey-blue (spacewolf blue in the old days) and it covers a lot faster. then I shade watered down grey-blue (like a ink) and hightlight back to white were appropriate.

Hope that helps (:

Borador:

Thanks for sharing that mate!