[Archive] Bull Centaur Taruk is a beast!

Geist:

Just played my first two games with the new build (list below) and good gravy the taruk is stupid. Good that is!!!

The list

Lord Lvl4 Metal blood, enchanted shield, scepter of stability (which is stupid good), 4+ ward.

BSB mask of furnace great weapon and one use reroll armour save item.

Lvl 1 death caster with dispel scroll.

36 guard full command with glaives and Armour piercing banner.

Hell cannon

AKU (kadai destoyer)

7 Bull centaurs banner and drum (gleaming pendent which is also stupid good)

Taruk who travels with the bulls stubborn crown, biting blade, dragon bane gem.

This list is just brutal, first game was against warriors of chaos. Bull was slowly but surely beating up a demon prince of nurgle. Taking nothing in wounds back.

Second game he flank charged a massive unit of bulls and characters and swung the damage to win the game.

Also funny thing I noticed playing against demons.

My opponent made one of his heros and his lvl 2 mage into demon princes. While that is nasty the models that turn into demon princes give up all their points when that happens. The demon princes are worth no points, well at that moment in the game the only actual units he had were his 6 man unit of warhounds.

I had lost everything but my hell cannon, Kadai and bulls with taurk.

I latter counted up points and saw that I was up something silly like 1100pts out of 2500.

Bulls and Bull Taruk for the win.

“Like a BEAST!!!”

RiTides:

Do you run the normal centaurs with him naked, not even upgrading with shields? That is very interesting if so… I am just starting and trying to learn the best way to run them.

Geist:

I was not clear in the post. The 7 bulls have great weapons.

rpitts2004:

This is a great result Geist, I have been wanting to run him but could never validate using him.

So no after reading then I plan on running him in a tournament coming up next month.

I will be posting a list I want to use in near future for it.

Novos:

Looks like a great list!

How come you took out Old #7? I was sad to see him go. You built up quite a character for him and AKU in your posts XD

Geist:

Simple reasons for what happens to AKU and Old #7, is well the skullcrusher just was not making his points back. The meta in my neck of woods has changed, people are taking cav, and other such things that make the skullcrusher just a liability instead of an asset. AKU will always be a massive asset, he will almost always crush things and make units cry.

Geist:

In fact thats where the bulls came in to replace that weakness that was Old #7.

nicque-ta-mare:

Taruk who travels with the bulls stubborn crown, biting blade, dragon bane gem.
This list is just brutal, first game was against warriors of chaos.  Bull was slowly but surely beating up a demon prince of nurgle.  Taking nothing in wounds back.

Geist
Was this a demon prince that spawned during the game or Lord choice? If it was a lord choice that seems really good rolling on your part...

Novos:

Simple reasons for what happens to AKU and Old #7, is well the skullcrusher just was not making his points back.  The meta in my neck of woods has changed, people are taking cav, and other such things that make the skullcrusher just a liability instead of an asset.  AKU will always be a massive asset, he will almost always crush things and make units cry.

Geist
Yeah I totally hear ya. The opponents I play here in Toronto are becoming EXTREMELY chaff heavy, at least the hardest ones to beat. That was my biggest fear in including the Iron Daemon... So the BC's 2 attacks ended up stealing the show, I'm suprised. I'm coming from Orcs & Goblins where 35 point troll would ice that unit(without the taurok). Its hard to pay 50 points for a less versatile unit... but I guess the hero makes them that much more powerful. And no troll is standing up to the taurok. Not to mention trolls have to deal with the leadership bubble and shitty movement.

Congrats on your wins!

Geist:

One of the demons that was spawned came from a hero dude who had the potion of take your chances (he rolled the 6). The other demon came from the mage who was in range of the warshrine. He got lucky and became a demon as well. The mage demon he marked nurgle, when it transformed and while he was hard to hit (needed 5’s) he was fairly sucky in combat, high ws but relatively low strength meant that most of the time he would hit but fail to wound, but made matters worse that he rolled lots of 1&2’s to hit the taurk.

As for the lord of the chaos, he charged the hell cannon and failed to do anything to it. Hell cannon was not hurting him either much, what did him in was AKU rear charging him and then trashing him. I rolled very hot to hit and he rolled like crap for ward saves. Specially being down a wound to start with.

Novos:

Love this army list. Im thinking it’s going to be pretty grossly outnumbered though. Perhaps the following changes?

1. This list is actually 2514, we would have to drop the scepter of stability to make it 2499.

2. Perhaps downgrade the sorc prophet to Daemonsmith? I know its risky but is a 385 point infantry lord worth it? Seriously what are the chances that he’s making his points back? You have more experience than me with this army, what are your thoughts? I’d say one level 1 on fire/death and one on metal.

3. Reduce the Infernal Guard to the minimum points of 625. Possibly even switch to great weapons?

4. Drop 2 Bull Centaurs and with the combined points from the sorc-prophet downgrade the possibilities are endless. We can put in 6 K’Daai Fireborn/2 Deathshriekers and 4 fireborn/1 deathshrieker and a hellbound Iron Daemon, skullcracker or otherwise.

Any of these changes will give the opponent much more to deal with while removing none of the strengths from the original list. I’m a fan of adding the deathshrieker and the Iron Daemon. Now the opponent has to deal with 2 powerful stone throwers with re-rolls and a hellbound Iron Daemon which in my experience never misfires. Would also turn it into a deadly 3 monster mash list. 3 Thumderstompers will run over things!!! If we take that option we’ll also have enough to make the Iron Daemon a skulcracker. That could be dangerous.

Keep the great lists coming!