[Archive] Bull Centaurs, cavalry save or foot?

Triton:

Well as I’m playing in a tournament this weekend and I’m sure it has been asked before and my apologies in advance.��But after having a look in the thread stating the rules for bull centaurs which line do I actually take on them?

Are they cavalry as stated on the list and therefore get a cavalry save?

Or do you count them as a unit strength 2 model similar to that of a chaos centaur and therefore give the extra save in combat?

So which one is it?��Does the 7th ed rules now null and void everything FAQ’d including direwolf.��I would love to know the consensus in order to back myself when argueing my case on the weekend as I’m sure I will be.��Thanks

Willmark:

First off bear in mind that Direwolf FAQ are in no way official.

BCs are not calavary for save purposes.

Border Reiver:

First off bear in mind that Direwolf FAQ are in no way official.

BCs are not calavary for save purposes.

Willmark
The last ruling on this was that they were infantry models on a cavalry base and US 2 for the purposes of the HW/shield bonus to your Armour class, and for Great weapon S bonus.

Tallhat:

In 6th edition yes. We are by no means sure taht this is still the case. US GT used them like this but that doesnt make it official.

- Tallhat

metro_gnome:

giggle

we have a stickied thread for this…

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6710

Tallhat:

Someone lock this please before I start going Off-Topic :slight_smile:

- Tallhat

Triton:

Thanks for the reply guys.

Metro, I already mentioned that I had seen the thread and I was looking for final clarification before using them this weekend at the tournament.

I will go with what was mentioned above. Thanks again.

AGPO:

No save - the “cavalry” save is in fact for mounted models only

metro_gnome:

which BCs are… “mounted” that is… all cav is a mounted…

they do not get the cav save because they are a cav model consisting of a single creature…

AGPO:

This has been dealt with in previous, official FAQs - “Mounted” save applies to two seperate models on the same base, where at least one (the mount usually) has only one wound. Thusan ordinary horseman or wolf rider gets the bonus, as does a skaven jezzail (spelling?) but not a bull centaur, heroes on daemonic mounts or such like.

Tallhat:

Lock. Noooow… Feel the urge to… go off-topic… gnnnnnn… Must Resist…

- Tallhat

Xander:

No need to lock. But the question has been answered.

Tallhat:

I know Xander :wink: Im just kidding around as usual :slight_smile:

- Tallhat

AGPO:

Really, so unlike you tallhat :stuck_out_tongue:

wallacer:

So basically BCs get the worst of both worlds.

Tallhat:

So basically BCs get the worst of both worlds.

wallacer
Basically yes.

@AGPO: Yes it is very odd behaviour isnt it?

- Tallhat