[Archive] Bull Centaurs Going Rates

Murdock129:

Hey

Since the Going Rates thread isn’t really that informative anymore since it’s not been specifically updated in a while, I was wondering what’s the current going rate for Bighat Bull Centaurs, as I am looking to get a full unit of eight of the old ones on their original 25 by 50 mm bases

I currently have around £60 spare, would that be enough, or would I need substantially more, so long as the painting isn’t abysmal and their not broken, then I’m really not too concerned about condition

Thank you

Murdock

Murdock129:

Hey

Since the Going Rates thread isn’t really that informative anymore since it’s not been specifically updated in a while, I was wondering what’s the current going rate for Bighat Bull Centaurs, as I am looking to get a full unit of eight of the old ones on their original 25 by 50 mm bases

I currently have around £60 spare, would that be enough, or would I need substantially more, so long as the painting isn’t abysmal and their not broken, then I’m really not too concerned about condition

Thank you

Murdock

nilbog:

£60 should just be enough, but you might find the command models go for considerably more than the rank and file ones, unless you do some converting e.g. using chaos marauder bits for the standard etc.

MLP:

I’m not sure on the rate now but a few months ago it was about £8 each and a lilttle more for command models. But these could be in poor condition. I got three for £15 including a standard bearer coated in paint a few months back which was a good deal. A little nail varnish and a toothbrush sorted them out though.

Willmark:

If you can find the right sides of the bodies I have 10 left sides. I assume you’re talking about the 4th/5th edition models?

MLP:

If you can find the right sides of the bodies I have 10 left sides. I assume you're talking about the 4th/5th edition models?

Willmark
Can I ask what happened to the rest of them?!

Aman:

This is really the wrong thread - the going rates does have progress. While radical things can happen in auctions, about $10-12 for figs that need to be stripped is reasonable, $12-15 for stripped figures is reasonable. A complete set of all eight should be a little higher since they are saving you some time by selling a set and you don’t have to track them down.

There is only one “command figure”, the standard bearer. There has never been a musician and any of them could be your champion. I’d recommend a chaos horn of some sort for the musician, btw.

Hope that helps. I’ve sold a bunch off in the last year (including last week) and that’s about what they went for.

Willmark:

If you can find the right sides of the bodies I have 10 left sides. I assume you're talking about the 4th/5th edition models?

Willmark
Can I ask what happened to the rest of them?!

MLP
GW screwed up my order multiple times as in 4. The end result was I got my ten bill centaur bodies (left and right) but ended up with having 10 extra, brand new left sides for free apparently. This was late 2008 when they were just closing down the online bits store so they didn't want them back!?

Aman:

Sorry, there are seven altogether - 6 warriors with axes, and one standard bearer.