[Archive] Burninators!

lizardbrain:

Hi everybody, i’m new to the forums, and i’ve looked at previous posts trying to find a topic on flame throwers but couldn’t find anything. What better/more appropriate weapon could the Chaos Dwarfs have in their arsenal than the flame thrower?!? :idea Not only is it unimaginably cruel and agonizingly painful, but i can only imagine that a big-nostrilled Chaos Dwarf would very much enjoy the smell of smoldering Elf - or human, or dwarf, or ork, etc - flesh. Also useful for clearing the mines of rebellious rabble. Rules could play out very similarly to blunderbusses, count as flaming attacks (obviously), ignore terrain, any more ideas?

Da Crusha:

I dont have any suggestions but it would be a cool idea to have some kind of flame thrower unit.

Anonymouse:

Maybe they could work like jezzails or ratling guns instead of RnF- blunderbuss-like units. A two-dwarf team, flame-template, flaming attacks, treat green cover as no cover (since bushes and hedges burn), treat forests (heavy cover) like soft cover perhaps?

S4 flaming hits, but with a misfire roll on 1 or 2. Either the bound daemon escapes or the fuel ignites and sets a crewmember alight or just explodes. In that case, use the template (big or small? Not sure yet) to see how much additional damage they cause to friend and foe alike.

Joshmohr:

I was thinking like the skaven weapon teams, or maybe some type of machine.

Thorne:

The old style dwarf flamecannon crew had something that could be used as a basis for such a weapon of mass distruction too … Interesting. Sadly the name itself sounds a lil bizare but im sure we can work on that :smiley:

lizardbrain:

Well, the inspiration came from a certain wingaling dragon named TROGDOR the BURNINATOR. Compy 386! - Sbemails 58 - dragon - Homestar Runner I had originally thought to to make Trogdor himself, but didn’t think he’d fit in well with the army. I like the idea of having small teams, what about if they can stand and shoot as a charge response, have them cause fear?

Nicodemus:

I think a two-Chaos Dwarf crew with a portable Burninator would look great ranked up together. Kind of like the Skaven Jezzails, where one CD holds the mouth of the flame throwing Burninator and wears plates of metal on his front to protect him from the intense heat, and a second CD stands behind the first, carrying the fuel on his back in a pressurized barrel that’s connected to the Burninator barrel by a hose.

I picture these weapon-wielding guys having somewhat shortended beards that appear less well-groomed because the longer bits of their beards are constantly getting singed off from the heat.

Perhaps better than having a CD carrying the fuel in the pressurized tank would be a burned and singed Slave, struggling under the weight of the pressurized tank that’s chained or strapped to them. Great opportunities for fun with this kind of thing… maybe a unit filler representing an exploded tank with a mangled and burned slave with his arms master standing over his body looking disapproving and unimpressed :wink:

~N

Pyro Stick:

I think this could be easily done by using the rules for the swivel gun but just replace whatever cannon weapons it has with the flame template.

dncswlf:

I think a two-Chaos Dwarf crew with a portable Burninator would look great ranked up together. Kind of like the Skaven Jezzails, where one CD holds the mouth of the flame throwing Burninator and wears plates of metal on his front to protect him from the intense heat, and a second CD stands behind the first, carrying the fuel on his back in a pressurized barrel that's connected to the Burninator barrel by a hose.

I picture these weapon-wielding guys having somewhat shortended beards that appear less well-groomed because the longer bits of their beards are constantly getting singed off from the heat.

Perhaps better than having a CD carrying the fuel in the pressurized tank would be a burned and singed Slave, struggling under the weight of the pressurized tank that's chained or strapped to them.  Great opportunities for fun with this kind of thing... maybe a unit filler representing an exploded tank with a mangled and burned slave with his arms master standing over his body looking disapproving and unimpressed ;)

~N

NIcodemus
Now that was funny!! really can see that unit filler thing... nice description.... yes have some!