[Archive] burock's unnamed horde - Now named as Zharr Naggrund Gentlemen

burock:

That manburner is looking quite good. How big is it? Could you give me a pic with dwarf? What base size did you use?

Edit: Sorry, should have scrolled down earlier, found it!

DAGabriel
yeah a photo which would help with the comparison is there.

it is about 65mm high btw.

burock:

here is a tutorial for my lava bases: http://garganthar.blogspot.com/2012/01/tutorial-how-to-do-lava-bases.html

JonJon:

nice work and good advise

Jon

burock:

nice work and good advise

Jon

JonJon
thanks mate...

new update is a Red Bull Centaur

burock:

I Bring Fire: More K’daais

burock:

sorry for the lack of udates; but the k’daai regiment is finished now.

zhatan87:

Nice :slight_smile:

The laval effect on the base is nicely done. I don’t like the mini so much, but the painting is really good.

burock:

Nice :)
The laval effect on the base is nicely done. I don't like the mini so much, but the painting is really good.

zhatan87
thanks mate, I take it as a compliment. Blame the mini manufacturers for the poses though :)

A Fistful of Infantries... and a Hero

maded12:

I love your color scheme and conversions. Those Kdaai’s look absolutely awesome!

Mostyn:

Colours look good and the lava bases are excellent. How are you finding the Mantic figures to paint? I've always been put off by too
much nondescript space between the details but you seem to be progressing really well.

I don't envy you having only 30 days to take 32 figures up to an army but good luck all the same.

burock:

I love your color scheme and conversions. Those Kdaai's look absolutely awesome!

maded12
thanks mate, i think they turned up quite nice too.
Colours look good and the lava bases are excellent. How are you finding the Mantic figures to paint? I've always been put off by too much nondescript space between the details but you seem to be progressing really well.

Mostyn
Mantic figures take the paint as the normal GW plastics do, no surprise there. The details however can pose a problem. The mold lines go over the details at some parts and it is hard to clean them properly sometimes. Also, since the chaosy bits are provided separately, you ll need to use some putty to make them look nice.
I don't envy you having only 30 days to take 32 figures up to an army but good luck all the same.

Mostyn
thanks mate, i think i really need it, argh... :)

burock:

Countdown to IzmirCon

Time of Madness:

Great looking army! The mantic dwarfs turned out really well!

The biggest problem with your list is the severe lack of shooting/warmachines. However, you have a very solid combat list just make sure you get into combat asap.

Let us know how you do at the tourny.

Time of Madness

burock:

Great looking army! The mantic dwarfs turned out really well!

The biggest problem with your list is the severe lack of shooting/warmachines. However, you have a very solid combat list just make sure you get into combat asap.

Let us know how you do at the tourny.
Time of Madness

Time of Madness
thanks for the comments mate.

and you were right about the lack of WMs; but I only had a rocket launcher painted until then. You can read on how i did last weekend here.

Oh, and also, I finally found a good(-ish) name for my army: Zharr Naggrund Gentlemen. Updated the thread accordingly.

Hashutcopper:

Those are some serious cool models, and bases, very nicely painted.

burock:

Those are some serious cool models, and bases, very nicely painted.

Hashutcopper
Thanks matey...

next one: Battle Standard Bearer: Every Army Needs One

burock:

Thinking Big: K’daai Destroyer

burock:

FW 101: Introduction to ForgeWorld

burock:

Murder King: Whipper Unit Filler

vulcanologist:

Good stuff! Hats off to you (and Abecedar!)