[Archive] burock's unnamed horde - Now named as Zharr Naggrund Gentlemen

burock:

hey there,

started my army slowly. i think it wouldn’t hurt to share some pics and ask for advice. and, any suggestions for the name of the horde is more than welcome.

ok, first, bases… magnetized lava bases of awesomeness, built from balsa:

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

burock:

the miniatures are still on my workbench, waiting to be painted; but i have a shot of the finished ones, which i used as test models. sneak peek anyone?

more will follow soon…

Ishkur Cinderhat:

You can’ go wrong with lava bases, especially if they’re that awesome. Well done! :hat off

JMR:

I can already see this is going to be a high-quality log. Keep at it!

Nicodemus:

I was worried for a second that your army’s Sorcerer had unlocked the power of the spell of invisibility and was casting it on the army. Guess that doesn’t work in Warhammer Fantasy as gamers would just use their player knowledge to see where you’re moving your bases and movement trays so know what’s up :wink: LOL

vulcanologist:

Nice bases! Great start look forward to more!

Abecedar:

Firstly! … I hate you 'cause your doing Lava bases and I ain’t game enough to try.

Secondly, I like the mini’s in your “sneak peek”, But what are they? or where are they from?, I don’t recognize them

burock:

thanks for the comments everyone. i still don’t see any suggestions for the name of the army though :slight_smile:

Firstly! …  I hate you 'cause your doing Lava bases and I ain’t game enough to try.

Secondly, I like the mini’s in your “sneak peek”, But what are they? or where are they from?, I don’t recognize them

Abecedar
they are Mantic’s Abyssal Dwarfs mate. Careful eyes will notice the minor kitbash though. the one on the right is carrying a marauder shield, which is a common conversion i believe.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

thanks for the comments everyone. i still don't see any suggestions for the name of the army though :)

burock
Name suggestions follow immediately after you've shown a few more mini shots and given us an impression of what the visual style of army will be. :D

burock:

thanks for the comments everyone. i still don't see any suggestions for the name of the army though :)

burock
Name suggestions follow immediately after you've shown a few more mini shots and given us an impression of what the visual style of army will be. :D

Ishkur Cinderhat
fair enough...

started updating my blog with the CD news btw. Check my first CD article: Starting a Chaos Dwarf Army

cornixt:

Yo can always use the [[Chaos Dwarf Name Generator]] to come up with a name for them.

burock:

we are coming… http://garganthar.blogspot.com/2012/01/first-chaos-dwarfs-are-ready.html

burock:

a few more infantries and a unit filler. enjoy: http://garganthar.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-recruits-unit-filler-and-some-more.html

brother_cov:

hey there,

started my army slowly. i think it wouldn't hurt to share some pics and ask for advice. and, any suggestions for the name of the horde is more than welcome.

ok, first, bases... magnetized lava bases of awesomeness, built from balsa:

burock
Truly awesome lava bases you have there :cheers

brother_cov:

the miniatures are still on my workbench, waiting to be painted; but i have a shot of the finished ones, which i used as test models. sneak peek anyone?

more will follow soon...

burock
Love the colour scheme for your Mantic Abyssal Dwarves (I have quite a few of the same minis awaiting paining)

What is your recipe for the cool bronze / brass armour effect, if you dont mind me asking, please?

Thanks

burock:

more will follow soon...

burock
Love the colour scheme for your Mantic Abyssal Dwarves (I have quite a few of the same minis awaiting paining)

What is your recipe for the cool bronze / brass armour effect, if you dont mind me asking, please?

Thanks

brother_cov
Glad that you liked it mate. As i said in one of my previous blog entries, I owe this color scheme to my buddy, Mr. Lee. You can find the recipe on his blog.

brother_cov:

more will follow soon...

burock

Thanks

brother_cov
Glad that you liked it mate. As i said in one of my previous blog entries, I owe this color scheme to my buddy, Mr. Lee. You can find the recipe on his blog.

burock
Thanks for that link, it looks like a really simple and QUICK method of painting bronze....I will deffo try it tonight on my BSB.

Thanks again

burock:

Enough with the infantries, right? Here’s my very first war machine: War Machines Rock!

burock:

up next, is a K’daai: Monster Madness: K’daai Manburner

DAGabriel:

That manburner is looking quite good. How big is it? Could you give me a pic with dwarf? What base size did you use?

Edit: Sorry, should have scrolled down earlier, found it!