[Archive] Call to arms! How you can help CDO and the Staff

Bloodbeard:

My fellow Dawi Zharr - here’s the deal.

This thread is the Staffs call to arms. In this this thread, the Staff, will post ways for other members to help out with CDO. This can be both small tasks, making aware of CDO on the web, doing competitions and so furth.

Admins keep the site running, help stuck members and moderate flagged posts and threads. Other than that, some admin might not have the time or motivation to update and upgrade CDO.

But should some members want to do something extra, here’s your chance.

There’s of cause slaves in it for you! And perhaps even medals.

Carcearion:

HaHa! I was a badge/banner maker back in my DOW Moding Community days making tiny graphics is right up my alley.

If you guys can send me a few original image files for previous year medals it’ll be a sinch (I could also happily make brand-new medals and what have you). :smiley:

Malorndk:

I’ll make rar folders for the artisan and golden hat pictures. Should be pretty easy. I’ll PM the rar files to your face account Bloodbeard.

Carcearion: You are awesome! If you need assistance, just ask. I should be able to quickly smash some 32*32 medals together as well.

Another way to contribute is to just comment on things. Even things that is not right up your alley. Someones sci-fi blog, battle report from other gaming system or weird kickstarter link? Read it and leave something positive. Skim it if it is too long. Its super demotvating to spent a days work preparing a big post. Hold it until Fridayfor bigger tracktion and then get 0-2 replies. Motivated people by leaving a comment that isn’t negative

Bloodbeard:

Thank you Gntlemen!

Updated medals in main post.

Upated with link to banner font.

Upated with Scribe Contest wish.

Another idea. New medal:

Dark Apostle Medal Awarded in bronze, silver and gold for spreading CDO on the net. Making “get over here posts” on other pages. Could someone whip up a cool 32px x 32px medal for that?

Carcearion:

I am more then happy to add that to my list. Hmmm… now I just need to think of a clever way to combine some Word Bearer’s iconography and the Dawi Zharr’s.

Bloodbeard:

@Carcearion has quickly made us some new Scribe’s Contest medals! Great work.

Ikkred Pyrhelm has now been awarded his 3rd Gold Medal for Scribe’s Contest.

Slaves have been send to Carcearion for his work. All members are encouraged to do this as well!

Thank you sir.

Admiral:

Excellent call, Bloodbeard, and thank you kindly for your quick help, gentlemen! :hat off

Bloodbeard:

Thanks to Carcearion we know have medals for Yearly Community Awards 2015 (and already 2016). We also have a cool new medal for something new “Dark Apostle”!

And Enjoysrandom have also made some cool gif medals! We just need to come up with something cool to award these fore. Always good to have. We’ll think of something.

First post updated accordingly.

Also added: Specific wants for the CDO wiki - alternative chaos dwarf models.

Jackswift:

I will take a look at the Wiki and see what I can add re KoW Abyssal Dwarves and perhaps time allowing, help with some of the updates to the Alternative Models section some as well. The caveat being that I know I won’t have time for the next week or so.

Bloodbeard:

I will take a look at the Wiki and see what I can add re KoW Abyssal Dwarves and perhaps time allowing, help with some of the updates to the Alternative Models section some as well.  The caveat being that I know I won't have time for the next week or so.

Jackswift
That's nice Jackswift. Thank you. We'll make some KoW banner, so that people wont be confused of what's warhammer and not.

Malorndk:

I have made the rar folders of GH 23-24 and every Artisan contest with viewable pictures as entries. I have send them til Bloodbeard, so that’s done. Feel free to ask us users to do anything else :wink: